• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 build (pics added)

Bluegrass Tactical

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2011
KY
Just got to the range for the first time with my 260. Ammo was Hunting Shack 130 grain Berger VLD's. Had a few phenomenal groups going until I screwed them up, the rifle shoots a hell of a lot better than I do. Here are the specs and a couple of the groups.

Stiller Tac 30
Brux 1-8.5 24"
Jewell HVR trigger at 1.5#
AICS 2.0
20 MOA base
Vortex Razor HD 5-20 EBR2

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Re: 260 build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No pictures of the rifle? </div></div>

^^this, I was all excited when I read the spec's

Added some pics of the rifle, sorry for the quality, my good camera should be back next week

That is extremely close to the set up that I want. Looking forward to seeing more of it

I had the guys at Stiller put the barreled action together, I did the rest. I do know that the next one I have built will have the AICS sent to have the trigger clearence machined out.

Re: 260 build (pics added)

V nice! Having similar rifle built but on a bat action. Hoping to shoot 130 Berger VLDs too, and interested to hear what loads, powder, primers and OAL you are using. I have H4350, BR2, Lapua brass lined up for when it arrives.
Regards from across the pond! Andy.

The ammo is factory made by Hunting Shack Ammo. I will be trying the 140 VLD, 142 SMK and 139 Scenar. As far as powder and primers I'll be trying the usual suspects.

Sure did, two different sizes from Walmart. Did the base coat in FDE, wrapped the lace in one direction hit it with OD green, then wrapped the lace in the other direction and hit with dark flat brown. All together it took about an hour. It looks much better in person. I still have some touch ups to do tomorrow.

Good looking rifle. Need to bring it to one of the Rockcastle shoots and stretch her legs a bit.

I will be on Friday, unfortunately won't be able to be there on Saturday.

what velocity you getting with the 130 grainers?

I have exact same barrel, and am stuck on either a 24 or 26 inch barrel. Would like to get around 3k fps with the 130's.

thanks,
DT

I haven't checked them yet, it's on the list of things to do tomorrow. Since its a factory load I figured it will be a little on the slow side.