• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Rem build

Scottmilk9

Custom AR builder
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2004
Arizona
www.sdrifles.com
I just got done building this .260 for Tom Austin of Predator Strike Force. He's got a once in a lifetime Ram hunt in UT.
Specs:
Bartlein .260 barel
Apex free float handguards
DPMS upper/lower(mine wont be done til next end of month)
RRA 2 stage NM trigger
Magpul PRS stock
Ergo Deluxe grip
2604.jpg

2603.jpg

2602.jpg

2601.jpg

260.jpg

Re: 260 Rem build

Forgot to mention paint job was done by my buddy Tucker of Tuckers High Desert Tactical in Idaho. He does great work and prices are fabulous. Thanks Tucker!!

Dang nice looking rifle there Scott!

What bullet is he planning on launching from that platform?

24"?
I'm also curious for the data on what's coming out of the business end there.

I'm interested in the .260 myself. I don't know anything about them though. Just trying to decide if I should build or buy. Looking at DPMS, I have had good luck with them so far. I do want a 24" bull barrel. Any ideas?

How do you like that handguard? was it spec'd by the owner or have you used them before? I looked at them at the Shot Show last year and they looked and felt nice.

It looks great now that you have it all together and I'll bet it shoots. Let me know how the owner likes it.

I think I'd reach for a bolt gun for a once in a life time Ram hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got done building this .260 for Tom Austin of Predator Strike Force. He's got a once in a lifetime Ram hunt in UT.
</div></div>

That is a nice looking build. The paint doesn't look like a true multicam. What do you call that pattern?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a nice looking build. The paint doesn't look like a true multicam. What do you call that pattern? </div></div>

I am working on a more realistic multicam. I am having some custom templates made that will really help. I used a multi-spec template and a flectar template on this pattern. I think that the templates are the weak link in a Multicam paint job. I don't use Duracoat's templates anymore as they are to thick and are hard to use. The Bulldog Arms are much better material but are not quite a match for true multicam. I'll post some pics in a different thread when I get the new templates in.

If anyone is looking for a truly top notch AR-15 or AR-10 Scott is the man to see, not that that is news to anyone.

Congrats Scott on a great combination involved with that hunt!!!

Just a quick update, Tom shot his ram at 680yards. There is going to be a nice article or two written up about the hunt and the gun. More to come later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,

I am doing a few soon, any info on gas port size/location would be great.

I am doing some 260 and 6.5 creedmoor's</div></div>

Man I bet those creedmoor's will be nice
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,

I am doing a few soon, any info on gas port size/location would be great.

I am doing some 260 and 6.5 creedmoor's </div></div>

Ill get info to you via pm or email shortly.