• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

260 Rem

SouthernGunner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
I'm about to buy a Remington vls 260 rem. From what I've read I think it has a 9.25 inch twist rate. Will this shoot 140s or should I just get 130s. I'll be shooting berger vlds out of it.

Re: 260 Rem

Won't know till you try. I have a 223 that has a 1/9 twist. Everyone said don't even try the heavy rounds. I did anyway and found it loves the 75 grain.

I don't know how long these are. I think I'm gonna try the 130s and if they don't stabilize I'll shoot 123s.
Thanks

I have a 1-9" Rock 5R that shoots the 130 VLD's lights out. Even at elevation and extreme cold temps. I've never tried 140's.....no need to when I'm getting 3000fps with 130's and 123's.

I had a vls. In 260. Shot 140 amax bullets just fine. Actually great. That vls was stupid accurate for a factory rifle. You will love it. It's not a picky eater.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a vls. In 260. Shot 140 amax bullets just fine. Actually great. That vls was stupid accurate for a factory rifle. You will love it. It's not a picky eater. </div></div>

I'm glad to hear this. I didn't know what to expect.

Im currently shooting Bergers 140gn VLDS out of my 1 in 8.5 26" barrel. I can only push them at 2700 fps, any faster & I start to hit pressure problems(blown primers)accuracy is half MOA though. The next head im going to try is the 140gn Amax, I would like to push these 140's at 2800 fps, but we will see.

Ady UK

Well I got the gun. I just ordered dies and bullets and decided to get 123 amax. I was gonna try the 140s but I picked up a box of factory 140 corelokts just so I could shoot it some and at 100 yds I was shooting all over the place so I don't know if they stabilized.

Does anyone know where I can find Remington 260 brass in stock. Know where I know of has it in stock

Midway currently hase Nosler brass on sale. Remington brass is in short supply though.

Know you mentioned wanting Remington brass but we switched over to Winchester 7-08 brass and it's working out a lot better. More consistent and the primer pockets are much tighter even after multiple reloadings.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try cheaper than dirt for Remington brass, had plenty in stock 3 weeks ago </div></div>

Back Ordered.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage220Swift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got the gun. I just ordered dies and bullets and decided to get 123 amax. I was gonna try the 140s but I picked up a box of factory 140 corelokts just so I could shoot it some and at 100 yds I was shooting all over the place so I don't know if they stabilized. </div></div>

Poor ammo choice. If you want to know try some Cor-Bon ammo 123 Scenars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage220Swift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got the gun. I just ordered dies and bullets and decided to get 123 amax. I was gonna try the 140s but I picked up a box of factory 140 corelokts just so I could shoot it some and at 100 yds I was shooting all over the place so I don't know if they stabilized. </div></div>

Poor ammo choice. If you want to know try some Cor-Bon ammo 123 Scenars. </div></div>

Im not using coreloktd. I just picked up a box cause thats all they had locally.

I have a 1:9 twist. It'll shoot 130 grainers and under so well it made choosing a bullet for a pet load mighty difficult.

Have not tried 140's.

For the 123 I can usually push them out to 3150fps with 45gn of H4350, this is a hot load and sometimes I have pressure signs, I loaded them down to 42.8gn H4350 set to lands and I shoot .25moa groups, they shoot at 3000fps. I use nosler brass and have had the best luck with them.