• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Remington AI

shumate

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2011
Ok, I got my 260 AI going. Picked up about 250 pieces of hydraulic formed brass made from Lapua 243 cases about a year ago getting prepared for my Christensen Arms 260 AI that I have been working towards.
Now I have all kinds of bullets because I have a 6.5 Grendel. Just got a thing for these 6.5's. But not too much data on the 260 AI, every time I do a search all I find is a long drug out discussion of what better calibers there are other then the 260 AI. And not much on load data. I haven't yet shot the rifle yet, but I had some plans with 123gr Lupua's and some RL-19. Then of course going up to the 140gr. But I have seen a lot of 260 guys love the RL-17.
So I am just reaching out to see who has some experience with this 260 AI, and what has been there go to's, and the don't try this experiences. And to see if anyone has any sizing die, or has a good lead on where to get one.
Much appreciated for any help you guys could send my way. Thank you.

Re: 260 Remington AI

I have been shooting my 260ai forabout 3 years now and i do like it. I have learned that nosler brass is very consistant velocity wise, es of 4fps, but the primer pockets go fast. I have had good results with h4350 and the 140a-max. I also fire form with red dot and cream of wheat.

mgoodrich, I seen the first 2 links. And they were helpful. But the 3rd one, I guess you have to pay to join up and download there material.
ollie, I have been seeing H4350 was the other powder folks have been using with great success on the 260AI. So when I decide to go up to the 140's that will probably be the powder I will go with. I loaded up a few 123's with R19, and I will give it a shot, to see how it works for me. Then give the H4350 a go around.

Thanks for the info guys, it is always nice to hear what you guys are using and experiencing.
Hey ollie, you want to sell them old wore out 260AI dies to me?? Heck, you are due for some new ones after 3 years now. LOL

If you want a pdf or a manual, then yes you need to suscribe, other wise you can read on the web what others have done.

The link that is there in my previous e-mail has that info, just need to scroll down to the bottum of the page.