• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gkempf

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2014
Heard that Remington is suppose to start chambering the SPS in .260. Anyone know if they have done it yet. Thanks

I was about to ask the same thing when I saw your thread. I got a buddy wanting to jump into long range shooting. Initially I recommended the FN SPR but seems like the price has went up since I looked at them and he doesnt want to pay 2500 for a rifle when he has never shot past 100.

I was about to ask the same thing when I saw your thread. I got a buddy wanting to jump into long range shooting. Initially I recommended the FN SPR but seems like the price has went up since I looked at them and he doesnt want to pay 2500 for a rifle when he has never shot past 100.

Should also consider the Savage LRP in 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a great rifle to start the LR madness. For $900.

Should also consider the Savage LRP in 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a great rifle to start the LR madness. For $900.

This is my opinion and mine alone but recently myself and my stepdad have been burnt by savage arms. Three rifles purchased within the last year and all three wouldnt shoot and had to be returned to savage. In my case I purchased a mk II tr .22lr that was a 3" group gun at 25 yards. It was bad, and then it took them approximately five months to send me a new one. It shoots great now so not to much to complain about. My daughter loves the rifle so all is well I guess. My step dad bought the bmag and the rifle wouldnt eject and held horrible groups, to the point we couldnt even zero. It was sent back and all was fixed but still shoots like crap. Then step dad bought a heavy barreled (no clue on model number) .308 and it wouldnt hold a group. Rifle was sent back and returned and immediately sold. To give them credit though i took my step dads pre model 10 fp from the early 90s out from 200 to 1000 and back holding better than a minute all the way through the course of firen so the old ones will shoot, just not sure of the new ones quality control. And to be fair I have read several threads here having the same thing happening to factory 700s

Last edited:

Please do not compare Savage rimfires to their centerfires...apples and mangos other than the name on the box/receiver. Especially the B-Mag, which was a steaming pile of not ready-ness.

As for the OP's question...I think its only going to be in a sporter barreled SPS variant, but I could be wrong.

Sounds like a hunting rifle. What would be nice is .260 in the SPS Varmint or a Tactical version. At least they are making them in a 1:8 rather than something less optimal.