• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.264 win mag loads

Re: .264 win mag loads

I found that and also several opinions on good loads. I'm loading 68gr retumbo and shootiing sierra 140gr matchkings , i get 1/4" groups @ 100yds. That load is around 5gr over max so i dont have any data on my velocity

I run a sendero chambered in 264 for a hunting rig. I follow barnes reloading manual for 120 TTSX's. There are a couple folks here that run match guns chambered in 264 as well. The 140 SMk's are a pretty popular bullet with eiter R-1000, Retumbo or 4831SC for powders. I would follow the std procedure of starting low and working up a load with slightly higher powder charges, watching for your node and of course pressure signs.

As stated, it is a caliber that can be a touch hard on barrels...but I sure love mine.

I always follow procedures, i found this load and worked up to it in increments since its over max.Just wondering if anyone else is shooting this load and has any data on it.

63.5 grains of retumbo behind a 140 grain amax is my go to load for my sendero. Hunting load is the max charge for 130 grain bullets (130 grain Nosler accubond) using winchester supreme 780. Can't remember the charge weight offhand, but it's book max. That load shoots very very flat, and is perfect for the kind of huntig the sendero was designed for.

All my loads use Winchester brass and are seated just off the lands. I really like this cartridge, barrel burning reputation be damned.