• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

270 Win Load

Re: 270 Win Load

270 win and H4831 or H4831SC. You will find a good load with 130gr bullet around 59-60grs. Of coarse standard rules apply to work up.I'm currently using 130gr Interbond bullet, 60grs H4831SC and getting 1/2" groups at 100 yards. Around 3060 fps.

Also 55grs. of IMR 4350 works too. Same for H4350 55.0-55.5grs.

H4831 really is a great powder for .270 with the 130's, work up to 62 grains max load (Hornady book max with 130 grain SST's or IB). I also found IMR4831 to be accurate and consistent (56 grains max load).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justintimesc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a proven 270 winchester load using 130gr bullet. I've searched and had no luck finding any loads for this cal. </div></div>

I find this a little hard to believe, since the 270 Winchester has been an extremely popular round for over 80 years. Go here and you'll find a good list of loads:

http://www.hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html

My favorite 130 gr. load is 57.0 Grs. of IMR 4831. Shoots well out of the three 270's I've owned. It's a near max load, so work up to it.

There's other powder manufacturers out who have downloadable loading data for you. I would suggest you get a good loading manual for reference. Speer, Sierra, Lyman and Hornady are good resources.

What I meant was I've loaded most of the popular loads for the gun and it just hasn't shot anything well. The bullet I'm using is the nosler partition. Was going to use this load for elk. Anyone care to suggest another bullet suitable for elk in the 270?