• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

28 nosler berger 195 help

jdutton24

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
alabama
I have a fierce rival and to the lands is 3.652. I can run up to that length no problem. My question is what coal you guys running with the 195s? I'm really trying save components and just curious as to seating depths nodes if anyone has info I appreciate it. Using 8133 and retumbo powder with adg brass

ADG brass, 80gr IMR8133, 215M. 195 Berger. 3.675 COAL (12 thou from lands). 24in Proof Carbon Sendero 8.4 twist. TBAC Ultra 5. 2964 fps. SD of 5.0. This is a hunting rifle.

Couple different 3 round groups. Seems to hold under .3 inches consistently.
20211015_062258.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-072907_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-073045_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Long throated 28 Nosler, 26" 1:8" Proof CF Sendero. Start lower. Safe in my specially throated rifle.

ADG brass
Fed GM215M
83.1gr IMR8133
195 EOL
2.970" CBTO
3.735" COAL
.049" jump
3084fps
ES 11 (over 17 shots)
SD 5.7

How does the 195 perform in the bull elk killing department?
From what I have seen, they absolutely suck, but other people think they are great. A bunch of guys around here had rifles built around that bullet a few years ago, and most of them have had them rebarreled or gone to ELD-x. I've seen some weird shit, both on elk and deer.

From what I have seen, they absolutely suck, but other people think they are great. A bunch of guys around here had rifles built around that bullet a few years ago, and most of them have had them rebarreled or gone to ELD-x. I've seen some weird shit, both on elk and deer.

I guess its like any other bullet these days then. Some hate them and some swear by them. Put any of these bullets in the vitals and its going to die.

I guess its like any other bullet these days then. Some hate them and some swear by them. Put any of these bullet in the vitals and its going to die.
Yeah, and there might have been a bad batch or something going around here. One buddy of mine put five into the vitals of a cow before she finally went down. Yeah, she would have died anyway, but God knows where. But like you said, every bullet these days has its fans and detractors. One thing about the 195s is that, from what I can tell, they are one of the easiest bullets to get to shoot.

Reactions: MOUNTIC