• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

28 nosler

Merdoc

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2019
Looking to convert a rem 700 7 mm rem mag to a 28 nosler, im reading alot about throating your chamber for a specific bullet such as a berger 195, i have an 8 twist bartlein ordered, and would really like to use a datachable box , question is this , is there a happy medium that my rounds will fit in a box magazine and still shoot 175-195 bullets , any info would be greatly appreciated, pulling what little hair i have left out!

I can't imagine those bullets fitting well in a 7mm RM magazine. Since you already have the barrel ordered, you could

1 - sell the rifle as is
2 - buy a used 700 in 300 RUM
3 - buy a detachable box magazine (you were going to buy one anyway).

Reactions: Merdoc
I see Ryan Pierce (piercision rifles) and Alex Wheeler (Wheeler Accuracy) post on AccurateShooter about using Wyatt’s Extended box mags on their Nosler builds. Lots of posts from them over there.

-Rick

Reactions: Merdoc
Looking to convert a rem 700 7 mm rem mag to a 28 nosler, im reading alot about throating your chamber for a specific bullet such as a berger 195, i have an 8 twist bartlein ordered, and would really like to use a datachable box , question is this , is there a happy medium that my rounds will fit in a box magazine and still shoot 175-195 bullets , any info would be greatly appreciated, pulling what little hair i have left out!
Converted my 7RM to 28 Nosler. 26" Remage mod. Although I never shot 195gr I've always shot 175gr Elite Hunters. No need for Wyatt's mag box just original magazine.
20190419_192018.jpg
here is my 28N next to 300rum.

200yd group
20190124_091247.jpg

20171116_101610.jpg

Reactions: Merdoc and TACC
Following this... Out of curiosity, why the switch? I'm doing research on a "bigger" build (most of my shooting is 6xc or 224valk) and the 7mm mag looks perfect for me (potentially 1 mile gun but mostly 1100 yard steel banging and a possible elk hunt next year). Was comparing to 300 winmag and 28 nosler. Just curious about your use case and why you're moving from 7mm mag to 28 nosler. I'm still weighing pros/cons of each so any insight is helpful. Thanks and good luck!

Following this... Out of curiosity, why the switch? I'm doing research on a "bigger" build (most of my shooting is 6xc or 224valk) and the 7mm mag looks perfect for me (potentially 1 mile gun but mostly 1100 yard steel banging and a possible elk hunt next year). Was comparing to 300 winmag and 28 nosler. Just curious about your use case and why you're moving from 7mm mag to 28 nosler. I'm still weighing pros/cons of each so any insight is helpful. Thanks and good luck!
Basically all boils down to a long range rig, theres nothing wrong with the 7 mag at all but if im going to spend the money on a long range gun the burger eol 195 going 3100-3150 @.755 bc is pretty tough to beat and the 28 nosler from what im reading is capable of those velocities with a 28 inch barrel, also it coal is going to be 3.730 so it will fit in an accurate cip mag,