• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

28 Years ago today..

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
I left for Basic Training.

Where'd the time go??

ME_USARMY.jpg

e45.jpg

Re: 28 Years ago today..

And he was so cute in those days
laugh.gif

Dern you're just a pup, I thought you were closer to my age. It'll be 45 years for me come July.

I'm 45 - my dad was in in 1965 - came down on a streaming chute and messed up his leg and back pretty bad, got out just before I was born..

Funny you mention this date. 26 years ago @ 0643 I signed a blank check to the Department of the Navy for a value up to an including my life. Now that I have been retired for 2 years it seems that the nation got it's money's worth. I don't regret a second of it.

Cheers,

Doc

GOod on you doc, I would have been retired since 03 BUT in the big picture I was doing good in the IT field by the late 90's and I would probably not have been had I been in.

I used to doubt myself, the retirement and IT job would be nice but who's to say, last job I had they stuck me in the ArcticLight infantry! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOod on you doc, I would have been retired since 03 BUT in the big picture I was doing good in the IT field by the late 90's and I would probably not have been had I been in.

I used to doubt myself, the retirement and IT job would be nice but who's to say, last job I had they stuck me in the ArcticLight infantry! LOL </div></div>

Youve had enough to drink.

39.5 years ago joined the Royal Australian Air Force, left 13 years ago, enjoyed serving alongside and meeting many US Forces, well done guys.

Speaking of retiring:

Does it mean you're old if your oldest son retires from the navy in Sept of this year?

I actually retired (military wise) in 1992 with 24 years 8 months between the regular army and national guard but didn't start drawing the pension three years ago when I turned 60.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOod on you doc, I would have been retired since 03 BUT in the big picture I was doing good in the IT field by the late 90's and I would probably not have been had I been in.

I used to doubt myself, the retirement and IT job would be nice but who's to say, last job I had they stuck me in the ArcticLight infantry! LOL </div></div>

Youve had enough to drink. </div></div>

LOL I was at work - i Hope not! LOL

True story though, went from MI electronic repair to commo/COMSEC in the AL infantry...

june 30,1974,another Hollywood Marine..37 years ago.I went in "guaranteed infantry",my dad helped pick that MOS out,he was FO in ARMY 24th INF DIV in Korea and had a wicked sense of humor.

Well, I have been retired officially for 2 days now. I missed my 24 yr anniv of going to Boot Camp in June.

Kraig,
You are old when one of your grandkids retires.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrassy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">june 30,1974,another Hollywood Marine..37 years ago.I went in "guaranteed infantry",my dad helped pick that MOS out,he was FO in ARMY 24th INF DIV in Korea and had a wicked sense of humor. </div></div>

Your dad may have talked with my grandfather over the radio during the war, he was fire control in the navy, that or he helped process some of your dad's fire missions if he ever requested any naval gunfire.

It'll be 11 years and counting for me at the end of next month, 11B, 31B, and now 13F, its been an interesting career so far for sure.

Woot!

Just got an email back from one of my best buddies in Alaska - 20 years since I talked wtih him!

I'm hoping he ahs more pics of us, he and I went up north of the Artic CIrcle one time for fun...

This rocks
smile.gif