• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

280 days later...

90 days was never going to happen and everyone knew it. how an electronic system could become this slow and backlogged without intentionally trying seems impossible. not to mention things are only looking worse since the form 1s that are now flooding in. FUCK THE ATF.

Reactions: msgriff
I done an individual e-file for a griffin Optimus micro on, 07/01/2022 and picked it up 04/08/2023 . I didn't believe it would ever get done in 90 days and the proved me right . I should say I went through silencer shop .

I just had a customer Nomad 30 go 300 days. Longest efile ive had since inception.
Currently at 290 and very unhappy about it. My first efile was the SilencerShop debacle where they didn’t put I was a us citizin and that was 300+ due to the refile. The whole thing is a clusterfuck

You guys realize there is a 200+ page thread on wait times already right?

Lots of information in there but you already know the jist of it. My 2nd can is around 230 days or so. my first was 273 days.

First can I bought years ago on a paper file took about 190 days. I remember shaking my head that my clearances came back faster.

The common go to excuse (and what is used a lot these days) is "we are seeing larger volume..." which is a crock. The backlog of paper seems to have been focused on, but that was only because everything else was tossed to the side. Now there is less stale paper so eform's are in play.

Eform's should have cut down time and probably could but internal processes have probably have not been modified to take advantage of it. Why change a process that has 1000 steps when you have cut 1/3 of them. More efficient means more getting done faster and less justification for personnel and equipment. Since nobody knows the process and the ATF is shielded from disclosing it, there is no way to know if it is efficient or not (yes I know the processing time says it's not).

In government realms of departments and organizations there is no incentive for efficiency because you will lose funding. If you are always behind because of volume you justify more funding.

None of this is about the end users/consumers. That is a topic that nobody other than the users/consumers care about. The only thing that matters to those departments is to keep and increase funding as much as possible.

Reactions: Faronth