• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

284 Win case and 300WM AI mags ??

mrbig

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Pleasant Shade ,Tn 37145
I am going to get the new Rem 700 Long Range to shoot a while that I will be upgrading as money allows,,I would like the AICS 1.5 long action to be able to have the next barrel chambered in 284 ,,would the fat 284 case feed through the AI 300 WM magazines ,,I dont see any AI 30-06 mags ??

It would feed through both of the mags no problem. Depending on which BM you're using will determine which mag. Standard long action mag is like 3.175 and the longer long action AI mag is like 3.775. Both will feed fine but may be a little wobbly in your BM.

Last edited:
which two mags,,I didnt think AI made 30-06 mags,,and it will be long action,,the 284 loaded with 180 Bergers has to be over 3 inches

I havent seen any 30-06 standard .473 bolt face cal AI mags,,if they make those I may go with 280AI

The 300 wm AI mags work fine for the 284. If you go a 30-06 based case you will need to modify the feed lips by closing the gap slightly.

I was a little fucked up there. The standard ai mag is 3.715. Some bottom metals require a mag that is 3.775 which ai doesn't make. A shim will fix this or it'll be a little bit wobbly. Both will feed ammo fine regardless of how wobbly it is. I would just find out what your bottom metal needs for mags. My guess is standard AI mags.

Second thought, just forget what I said. Think I may have made things more confusing then needed.

The answer is yes, 300 wm standard AI long action mag will work :)