• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd HardRock Match of 2012

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The second HR match of the 2012 series will be held on Saturday, March 3rd. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, March 2nd. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. You will not be able to foul your rifles at the range, please do so before showing up for the match.

Pre-registration is available to those who shot at least three of the last years matches for the .308 and ATG classes, and is required if you are shooting in the first .223 class relays. Pre-registration opens with this announcement. Send a PM or email with the class(es) you will shoot, the cartridge for the rifle in each class, if anyone else will be using the same rifle, and if a brake or can is installed on the rifle. While we wish to encourage folks to pre-register, you will be on the Range Masters and my SL if you pre-register, don't attend the match, and fail to cancel your registration with a PX by 1800 on practice day. You don't want to go there. My PX is on the schedule, I don't have net access after 1800 on Thursdays.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: 2nd HardRock Match of 2012

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">March 3rd (not Feb)? </div></div>

We're gonna use a time machine in order to squeeze in one more match before turkey season.
wink.gif

So the range truck has been upgraded with the time machine chip. That is great does it work as flawlessly as the wind chip. LOL

Mac and K,

Get Bill in a foul mood and in a hurry, then you'll know the truck is a time machine. At least you guys are more awake than I was.

See you at the match,
DocB

I won't even give ideas on how to have Huskey upset. Somedays , all I have to do is show up !!! Anyway, mark me down with the usual and maybe the work SMgr will be kind ... otherwise I'm going to start using a vacation day for every match this year !!!Frigg 'um if they can't take a joke.

Practice day only again for me with a posible +1, one of these saturdays i will be able to play...

Good day,

Need the .223 shooters to sign up. Only have six so far. Weather looks good for practice day, cloudy but warm.

See you at the match,
DocB

OK, Had to use the "vacation method" so I could make EVERY match thru AUG. Well at least I have every practice day off and that means I'll work match night. No big deal ... any time i can look down at the flowers beats the hell out of holding the flowers up !!! Anyway, unless there is a flood, as there was 2 years ago, I'll be there.

T-Payne,

Yes. Send me your first name, last name and email address and I'll send you the schedule and rules.

I've replied to all PMs and emails I've received at this time. Still looking for more .223 shooters.

Thanks,
DocB

Hey guys, been out of the loop for awhile. I went through 2 job changes in 1 1\2 years and no extra money coming in, but I never stopped shooting. My brother and I will be there at the 2nd HR Match. Can't wait been praying to get back.

Good day,

OSOK reports the road is in good condition as of yesterday evening. Weather should be nice today, tomorrow a high probability of rain. Bring your rain gear for possible showers.

Thanks,
DocB

Good day,

It was windy but without rain at practice yesterday. Today it's going to get wet and windy. Bring rain gear, a change of warm clothes and remember, mirage won't be a problem.

Have fun,
DocB

Had my gear packed and ready this morning, took one good look at the weather radar and thought sh#t, nevermind. See you guys next time.

Had fun with the wind at practice, see ya'll in May.

Good day,

Well, two of the three email groups have the results. AT&T is limiting the number of emails I can send. I've told them twice I run a mailing list but I'm still having problems with them. Everyone should have results by tomorrow and I'll post when the third group goes out. Please wait 24 hours after the last notice before sending me a PM or email saying you don't have the results.

Gump,

Warren made it. You won't win if you don't show up.

JWP,

Not much wind for the first couple or relays, but like I said; it changed 180 from yesterday for the last ones.

Thanks to everyone who came,
DocB and the HR Staff

Today was another fun match at HR.
The weather was a mess for the first part of the match but it did stop raining about half way thru. The road was a lot like my first attempt at the 223 class; a freakin' mess! But my two wheeler made it in and out. I do hope all that came were able to get back to pavement without incident.
Thanks to all who make this match happen.

Good day,

Finally got the email with the results sent to the last group. Everyone should have it now.

S4F,

At least the road wasn't under water. It'll get better with the .223 next time. Glad you had a good time.

Have fun,
DocB