• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 3-5Oct14 Long Range Championship @ Camp Butner ( N.C.)

I'm registered and will coming down from KY. Will be my first match at Butner, looking forward to the match.

Extremely interesting conditions all weekend long at Butner this weekend...the range threw nearly everything except the kitchen sink at us.

Fun!

Edit: I don't know if there are any new shooters reading this, but Butner IMO was very challenging this weekend and I encountered more than one new-ish shooter who was feeling kind of glum. Just know that this was a tough weekend. Every shot is a new one, especially at 1000 yards, but SAT/SUN I personally encountered wind changes that amounted to 4 feet or more during a string, and these changes were happening in 3 seconds or so in some cases. I saw some very experienced shooters coming up with 6's, 7's and 8's, and saw some of the less experienced shooters coming up with misses after shooting a nine and a ten.

Keep shooting, you will learn.

Last edited:
Extremely interesting conditions all weekend long at Butner this weekend...the range threw nearly everything except the kitchen sink at us.

Fun!

Edit: I don't know if there are any new shooters reading this, but Butner IMO was very challenging this weekend and I encountered more than one new-ish shooter who was feeling kind of glum. Just know that this was a tough weekend. Every shot is a new one, especially at 1000 yards, but SAT/SUN I personally encountered wind changes that amounted to 4 feet or more during a string, and these changes were happening in 3 seconds or so in some cases. I saw some very experienced shooters coming up with 6's, 7's and 8's, and saw some of the less experienced shooters coming up with misses after shooting a nine and a ten.

Keep shooting, you will learn.

You said a mouthful !!!