• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 and 5 shot group at 1075 with MRAD

RayDog

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2001
Fort Collins, CO
The wind finally went down below 35mph today so I got a few rounds through the MRAD. Load is 92 of Retumbo pushing a 300 scenar from a Lapua case ignited with a 215M. Here is a picture of a group I shot at the end of the day.
First shot was the hit just right of center on the orange line. Second shot was right above first with the third just left. First three shots went 3 5/8 " center to center. Not bad for 1075 yards. Shot four was a MISS...missed the whole dam IPSC. For those of you that have never spent any time shooting in the high plains, the wind sucks and there isn't anything out there to let you see the change. I went from holding .5 Mil for the first three shots to holding just over 1 Mil for shot five hit four on the shoulder and then shot six hit five went way low. I guess I didn't pull the trigger hard enough.
IMG_1025.jpg

So a great 3 shot group turned into a shitty 6 shot group real fast. Just thought I'd share. Looks like the MRAD and 338BA suppressor combo will shoot just fine if I can drive better.

Re: 3 and 5 shot group at 1075 with MRAD

Ah yes the lovely winds of the high planes and south west. I was shooting in AZ desert last weekend and in New Mexico this weekend all beyond 1000 meters. It really is amazing how the wind can get bad in a hurry down here.

Winds make ELR a very tricky challenge. Once you master the rifle, optics, and able to hit to a mile, then you have to start all over again with wind. Even if you have a spotter, it can get tough, and the wind can be a constantly changing variable esp out here in the West with hills and valleys changing it up.

Looks good!! I'm in the process of building my first 1000yard + rifle. I hope I can even do as good as your last three. Those first three shots are tight!!