• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 beta mag and a M16

Loopm5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
USA
This was shot buy a buddy of mine,he was bored one day.He wanted to see what 300rd full auto all at one sitting would do to his gun. Here is the result.

2h804mw.jpg

Re: 3 beta mag and a M16

didnt it take like 900rds on full auto to melt that other m4? im sure everyone has seen the youtube vid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a waste of a good gun </div></div>

I don't know about that, but it is certainly a waste of a good gas tube!!
wink.gif

Hey MECH1...was there any other damage (visible or otherwise) to the rifle besides the gas tube? How bad are the handguards? Any barrel damage?

Sorry about the photo my buddy sent it to me that way. The hand guards were Surefire and the were a little brownish. I guess he let it cool and shot a couple more with the tube that way and it worked. But no I don't believe any other damage occurred.

Well I guess it is all good since he obviously has the coin to waste and it is his rifle. Even if I owned a CIII weapon I would use it more intelligently instead of just burning up the rounds to see what happens.

I'm surprised that it only lasted 300 rounds until it suffered that level of deformation.

I've had a gas tube so hot that it was glowing before.
About 250-300 rounds quickly, not really sure.
No deformation however, but it took on a nice colorful patina.

I wonder if there are substandard gas tubes floating around out there.
It wouldn't surprise me if there were.

Thanks for sharing.

Yea, I don't see the point of having class 3 if your not going to run the hell out of it. I have wasted at least 4 or 5 barrels in my stuff its fun that's all it is. I at least ruin a suppressor or two a year get the rebuilt and go on.

+1

They keep making more barrels/gun parts.
Someone has to use them.
Barrels are a consumable anyway.
When my tires get worn and need to be replaced, I'll usually abuse them beforehand.

In that video the gun was completely destroyed. My buddy's just melted the gas tube. I am surprised what punishment m16s and AR's will take.I am very ruff on guns and they seem to take the punishment.

Put about 1100 rounds through my M-4 in about 30 minutes with a few pauses. Result: Nylon sling melted off the front sling attachment point and renewed convition I dont like 3-rnd burst... Weapon kept on trucking though.