• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 Day Precision Scoped Rifle I- 2 slots open

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL
www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">3- DAY COURSE </span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">2 slots available at this time </span>

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE CLASS I
TRAINING SYLABUS

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Kinston, North Carolina.

WHEN: Three day class- Thursday thru Saturday, January 20-22.

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, 1156 Hill Farm Rd, Kinston, NC. 28503 We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Holiday Inn Express, call 252 559-8888, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $500 per student. A $100 non- refundable deposit is due by Jan. 10th, 2011; final amount paid at the time of class begins Thursday Jan. 20th, 2011.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active and Reserve Military.

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Register thru our web site at www.vaportrailtactical.net Fill out a registration form in the contacts section of the web site, make sure you fill out what class and dates you would like to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2u7rrc2.jpg

INTRODUCTION- The PSR-1 course is designed to train the Shooter and Observer in the fundamentals of marksmanship, be able to manipulate their scope, and record all data for evaluation. Each pair will be trained to be shooter and observer and will rotate duties so that each will be effective in either role, students will engage paper and steel targets out to 600yds. The course will consist of 6 hours of class room instruction, and approx. 20 hours of range time. This is a very high paced course; there will not be a lot of time to waste with all that I want to accomplish in the two days. Come prepared to work, learn and shoot!!

Classes Include:

Safety brief
Rifle zero & techniques
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Scope manipulation
Mil Holds
Use of Data book
Shooter/ Observer dialog
Range Estimation
Unknown distance shooting
Multiple/Rapid target engagement
Supported positions weak and strong side
Use of a sling
Team competition
Care and Cleaning
b6y3om.jpg

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

This is the required gear that you must bring to participate in this class, no hunting rifles will be allowed. Read the list!! If you don’t have the proper rifle/ ammo, you will not be allowed to take the class, and your money will be refunded. Please do not register for this class if you do not have a proper rifle, ammunition or cannot borrow one, you will not be allowed to participate and class seats will be lost. If you do not have a proper rifle and ammo and would still like to take the course please contact me (Well in Advance) and you can rent a rifle and purchase ammo. Any questions please contact the instructor.

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

250rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Storm Tactical and Impact Data books

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB tactical rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
2emmz5v.jpg

Re: 3 Day Precision Scoped Rifle I, Jan. 20-22 N.C.

I have had alot of requests for a 3 or 5 day course this past year, so here it is at the request of the shooters. Please use the web site to register if you are interested, thanks!

Sean Little

Is this a combo of what use to be PR1 and PR2?

I may be interested...

Yes we will get to shoot more skills that we didn't get to shoot in a 2 day course, once we get everyone shooting well on paper, I want to get more of the positional shooting and UKD drills. Those are the skills that are the hardest and need the most work.

Hope to see you there Dave, and bring Dave with you too!!

This will be a great chance to sharpen your skills in the middle of winter where the temperature isn't that bad for the northern guys. And I promise you will be glad you spent the time and money.

I just signed up for this class. I've been shooting for years but only recently got bit by the precision rifle bug. Figured I would do it right and start with some quality instruction instead of trying to figure it out on my own. See you in January!

Guys,

This is an excellent class, which will provide you solid fundamentals or square away bad habits on experienced shooters. Having a 3-day class over the 2day class is nice considering amount of material that is covered.

Don’t miss out

Highly recommend this course you will learn alot!!

If you need a databook setup for this course we can get you setup with the correct page types!!

For anyone going needing data books this is the layout that Sean has given me for what you guys will need and use while at the course.

Book info:

Modular Standard size book
Choose your paper type: Standard 80 weight or RNR

1. SNC-3
2. B-G
3. G-DIAU
4. ML-POST
5. G-CIR
6. ML-NRA-B
7. ML-ECHO-CIR
8. ML-IPSC

Thank You for for your interest and we look forward to filling your order. All books ship the next day so anyone needing a book for these upcoming courses if you get your order in the next few days we will have them in time for the course.

Hey guys
Already getting a good response for this course, I updated the round count on the post, you will need 250rds minimum for the three days!!

Ok, I believe I am in the correct thread now...So, hopefully, I am now registered for the 3 day course....

I just took seans psr 1 and am ready for more. I will try to make this class depending on family commitments.
Ooh rah.

Folks, Sean is an extremely proficient instructor with plenty of real world experience. Anyone of any experience level can learn a great deal about precision shooting from Sean.

This is one of those must do courses, Sean teaches in a manner that all skill levels can apply effectively. I strongly encourage anybody wanting to learn or inhance their skills attend this class or any class he teaches.

Well I've got some great news, I will have a 1000yds again for this class. We will spend 2 days on a 600yd pc of property and then move to the 1000yd, for the 3rd day. Really looking forward to this class, the extra day is going to get alot more accomplished.

I'll pile on about Sean's class. In just two-days, my LR shooting skills improved greatly. A third day would be the shiznitz. Make the time and effort to get there. It's good stuff.

Sean: I got the kitchen pass today. Ordered 500 175 SMKs from Graf & sons. Ready for the 3 day, provided lunch at Angies sub shop is in the curriculum.
smile.gif

Dont miss out on some good training!!

Dont forget we can get you your data book laid out to match the class as well. Info is posted above.

Ordered my book from Impact - have to say they are a class operation - got it quickly and the book looks great!

Paul.

Also pleased with Impact! Book is great and shipping was quick!

Just registered for the class on your web page. Looking forward to another class.

Guys, Impact is awesome and yes Tony ships very quickly!! He is local to me and also a former 8541, so he knows what is needed in a book for any of my classes.

Glad you guys are looking forward to the 3 day course, looking forward to seeing a bunch of you guys again and meeting new shooters.

Class is filling up nicely, and the sub shop is just right down the road!! Mmm Mmm Good!!

Deposit sent

Just registered online and I will be sending out my deposit on Monday.

I took Sean's one and two class with a 16lb sako TRG win Mag. At age 50 what doesn't kill me better run like hell. They will die tierd at 1,200 yards from skills leaned! I went on the next year to take silver at the 2009 f-class nationals for the 4man team 600 and 1,000.Then NRA long range master in two years with a 308.There is no better way to learn the basics to build on!
Dave

Hey Dave
Welcome to the Hide!! Thanks for the great words, you have proven to be an outstanding student who has the drive and determination to excell and be the best!! I'm afraid that you have surpassed me in ability and I need to be taking lessons from you my friend!!

THE JAN CLASS IS FULL AT THIS TIME, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PUT ON THE WAIT LIST JUST SHOOT ME AN EMAIL.

THERE WILL BE A 2 DAY COURSE IN MARCH AND THERE ARE SLOTS AVAILABLE.

Please check my web site for details and information
www.vaportrailtactical.net

Hogstooth,

I am afraid I have a conflict and will have to bow out of the January class..., will send e-mail to confirm...

Tufl
Well I has some one on the wait list already so that worked out well for them, so teh class is still full. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the ying and Yang of the universe. </div></div>

With Sean involved...its more like the Ding and the Dong of the universe!!
smile.gif

Is it safe to say it will be colder down there in January than it is now in VB? I'd like to get my cold weather gear together. I guess all I have to do is stand outside with what I plan on wearing those 3 days and see how it holds up.

I just found out I have to be at Ft Monmouth, NJ that week for meetings with the Army. I am so pissed. Since last august I have tried to take one of Sean's courses due to schedule issues, Seans and mine nothing worked out, now this.
My slot is now available

Sorry you can make it again Pete, there are other classes scheduled so just check the web site. If anyone wants into the course just shoot me an email or registration form from the web site.

Sean's classes are solid. He teaches a fast paced course, that combines an appropriate balance of group and individual instruction. I was thoroughly impressed by his ability to keep the group as a whole moving forward, while still focusing on the various needs of individual students. Sean possesses an understanding of the theory, along with a sound perspective on the real world application. The effective blending of both is reflected in his style of teaching, which I found to be exceedingly helpful as a student. He expects you to work hard, and to learn a lot in a short amount of time, but if you show up prepared to do your part - you will be a better shooter by the end of Sean's class.

It is also worth mentioning that you can expect to find the class filled with students who are high caliber individuals. It was a great experience to finally get out there to meet, train, and shoot with some fellow Hide members.

So for anyone who might be on the fence about taking one of Sean's classes... Do not hesitate. Take advantage of the opportunity to get in on some great training. You will not be disappointed.