• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

3 day Precision Scoped Rifle I - N.C. June 16-18

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
21ljpub.jpg

www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">3- DAY COURSE </span>

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE CLASS I
TRAINING SYLABUS

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Kinston, North Carolina.

WHEN: Three day class- Thursday thru Saturday, June 16-18, 2011.

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, 1156 Hill Farm Rd, Kinston, NC. 28503 We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Holiday Inn Express, call 252 559-8888, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $500 per student. A $100 non- refundable deposit is due by June 4th, 2011; final amount paid at the time of class begins Thursday June 16th, 2011.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active and Reserve Military.

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Register thru our web site at www.vaportrailtactical.net Fill out a registration form in the contacts section of the web site, make sure you fill out what class and dates you would like to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2u7rrc2.jpg

INTRODUCTION- The PSR-1 course is designed to train the Shooter and Observer in the fundamentals of marksmanship, be able to manipulate their scope, and record all data for evaluation. Each pair will be trained to be shooter and observer and will rotate duties so that each will be effective in either role, students will engage paper and steel targets out to 600yds. The course will consist of 6 hours of class room instruction, and approx. 20 hours of range time. This is a very high paced course; there will not be a lot of time to waste with all that I want to accomplish in the two days. Come prepared to work, learn and shoot!!

Classes Include:

Safety brief
Rifle zero & techniques
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Scope manipulation
Mil Holds
Use of Data book
Shooter/ Observer dialog
Range Estimation
Unknown distance shooting
Multiple/Rapid target engagement
Supported positions weak and strong side
Use of a sling
Team competition
Care and Cleaning
b6y3om.jpg

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

This is the required gear that you must bring to participate in this class, no hunting rifles will be allowed. Read the list!! If you don’t have the proper rifle/ ammo, you will not be allowed to take the class, and your money will be refunded. Please do not register for this class if you do not have a proper rifle, ammunition or cannot borrow one, you will not be allowed to participate and class seats will be lost. If you do not have a proper rifle and ammo and would still like to take the course please contact me (Well in Advance) and you can rent a rifle and purchase ammo. Any questions please contact the instructor.

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

350rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Storm Tactical and Impact Data books

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB tactical rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
2emmz5v.jpg

COURSE OUTLINE

0700 to 1130- Meet in conference room of Holiday Inn for classroom instruction

1130 to 1200- Lunch and caravan to the range

1200 to 1230- Range Set up/ Safety Brief

1230 to 1330- 100yd zeroing/ shooting for accuracy on paper

1330 to 1500- Establishing Elevation/windage, shooting for accuracy at 300yds on paper.

1500 to 1630- Establishing Elevation/windage, shooting for accuracy at 500yds on paper.

1630 to 1800- Establishing Elevation/windage, shooting for accuracy at 800yds on paper.

Debrief move to hotel/ dinner

Day 2

0700 to 0730- Convoy to range

0730 to 0900- Cold bore shot, rezero, shooting for accuracy at 100yds

0900 to 1000- Range Estimation exersice, plotting range cards, est elevation windage settings

1000 to 1200- Engage steel targets to 960yds as a team

1200 to 1300- Lunch

1300 to 1500- Supported Barricade positions strong and weak side at 100yds on paper

1500 to 1630- Engaging steel using supported barricades to 350yds and continue to engage targets to 960yds

1630 to 1800- Shoot from tower

1800 to 1830- Class on care and cleaning

Debrief move to hotel/dinner

Day 3

0700 to 0730- Movement to Range

0730 to 0830- Cold Bore Shot at 300- 350yds

0830 to 0930- Check zeros, shooting for accuracy at 100yds

0930 to 1000- Range Est exersice

1000 to 1200- Engage targets to 500yds supported barricades/ prone rapid target engagement

1200 to 1300- Lunch

1300 to 1630- Team Competition

Debrief, clean up, end of course

Re: 3 day Precision Scoped Rifle I - N.C. May 19-21

I updated the round count for the class, you will now need 350rds for the class. This based on my last 3 day course and everyone pretty much shot 300+ rounds.

With the 2 day PSR-2 being ALREADY full, I'll just B/G go and shoot the May PSR-1 again. This past January's class was awesome.

Hey Dave
Sorry you missed the registration for the PSR 2, it filled up fast but I will schedule another in the summer and fall.

BTT

Sean,
Are we going to learn to jump out of palm trees, tunnel under them bunkers with a bayonet in our teeth, grab 'em by the hair o' the head and holler "Gung Ho", like you?

Ok there seems to be alot of people looking at this post but no one is signing up? Is there an alternate date that people would like to see this course done? If you have a time or date just PM me and I will see what date I get the most and change it.

Or would a 2 day course on the 21/22 be better? I can also do June 16-18 for a 3 day and just reschedule this class. Let me know what works for people so I can make changes, my first 3 day course was completely full and went really well, I would like to do another one.

Wish I was free it's always great to get down there and shoot some of the drills Sean lays out for the course. If your riding the fence you'll be happy taking any of the courses Sean puts on. Just don't be the last one in line at the sub shack on Saturday, that is unless your a fast eater.

Sean,
I'm in. Jeff with his Underground Skunkworks 'machine',will probably come with me.
Dave June 16-18th

Sean- I'm seeing if I can confirm the June date with a couple of my shooting buddies. One question came up... do you offer a certificate that someone could count towards specialized training for their dept./resume?

Not for me of course... you know how I shoot, I expect no certificates
smile.gif

I can give a certificate but its kind of like giving the "Guarentee on the box" from the movie Tommy Boy.

I have given Certs in the past but Officers never seem to be impressed with what I give them? I don't know if they want a list of the training and hours recieved or what? If someone wants a Cert they are going to have to tell me what they need or what their Dept requires to get credit.

My Dept doesn't give us squat for training other than making a copy and sticking it in your file, so have your buddy email me or PM me and I can get something or give him what he needs.

I can get a good look at a steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but if a guarentee is what you want, then how about you shake my hand and take my word for it.

Funny stuff man!

I'll shoot him your email.

Thanks!

Sean, the certificates should have the date of completion, the number of hours the person attended for completion, the location of the training, the name of the student, and the signature of the instructor. The certificate should also look like a certificate and not a picture with writing on the front. I can send some examples of certificates I have from NC, just let me know.
Perry Knust - (PSR1 October 2010)

I will re-evaluate it and come up with something to give out. I will PM you Perry, thanks for the info.

Send my three to the house.lol Crap never mind, I forgot if you can't hit anything you don't get one.

Man I'd love to go to this!

Sean- I don't think I'll be able to make this one. The new June date is Father's Day weekend.

I'm bumming too because I wanted you to see how my rifle is shooting after Mark did some work to it. It is shooting ridiculously precise now.

Since this falls on Fathers Day weekend I will tell you how to sell it to the family.!!

You will be spending Thrus- Sat getting to do what you Love which is of course, SHOOTING!! Then you will be home on Sunday (Fathers Day) in which you will be living in the lap of luxury with your kids and wife serving you breakfast in bed to start your day.

Since you had such a hard 3 days of shooting, they will need to continue to bring you beers throughout the day (while you set your fat ass in your most comfortable chair watching TV) till you pass out in your own sweet bliss cause your wife took care of your every need. (That would be that she sex'd you up) Completing the Ultimate Father's Day Weekend!!

The End

What could be better? Ok, well I can only think if your wife added a really hot friend to the mix? That might make it better?

Sean,
I told you I'd get Jeff to attend. He's the worst spotter "that ever spit between two teeth", but he shoots gooood.
Dave