• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos $3 Krylon SPSV

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
Decided to tinker with a perfectly fine shooting SPSV in 308win. I cut the 26" factory barrel back to 20 inches and recrowned it. The rifle did shoot wonderfully with the plastic stock and for now I decided to spray it with some Krylon. This stuff only comes in 4 colors so I am stuck with them.A little bit of Bondo covered the "buick" vents in the forearm. Used green,tan and black. Going to install the big knob on the bolt in a few days. Hopefully when I shoot it again it does ok. Not counting the scope I have $363 invested in her.

Re: $3 Krylon SPSV

Damn, you did a great job,
wink.gif
!!

nice job, doesn't blob out like most digital patterns, great choice of tones for multiple environments. the inside the sunshade is a good touch, often forgotten about. do the bipod, pad, and bolt knob and you'll loose it in the brush / grass.

That is one awesome and beautiful Krylon paint job you did on that rifle. I have a few cans of Krylon paint that I purchased two weeks ago. They are in the same colors that you utilized on your rifle. I have been holding back from painting my rifle since I could not decide on a camo pattern that I wanted. I don't have to wait any longer. I have FOUND IT! I want my rifle to look exactly like yours if you don't mind me saying. Can you assist me and tell me step by step how you prepared the rifle prior to spaying and the steps on spraying the Krylon finish? How did you get the digital pattern? Is it a Duracoat stick on template or similar. Will appreciate all your assistance. I have just used you photo next to the water as my background screen on my computer. It is that awesome.

Well, I just don't think the colors and pattern blends in very well with the water and blue and orange tile...oh wait, made it to the grass and twigs on ground pictures. Yes, I agree, excellent paint and camo job!

Looks great man! Excellent job on the Krylon ... I may have to spiff up the Savage a bit!
smile.gif

Looks really good. Congrats on the paint job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent job on the Krylon ... </div></div>

The only thing I would add is that I don't care if you did it in Crayon or Krylon, that camo job is fantastic!

Thanks everyone, I think it came out pretty well.I finished installing a big knob on the bolt and got it painted. Click the link below.

Finally Done.

JRose, I can paint 4 or 5 firearms with a single rattle can, break in down into 3 colors and it's roughly $3 in paint. You are correct though, including the stencils it's going to raise it a couple of dollars so let's make it a $5 job.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks everyone, I think it came out pretty well.I finished installing a big knob on the bolt and got it painted. Click the link below.

Finally Done.

JRose, I can paint 4 or 5 firearms with a single rattle can, break in down into 3 colors and it's roughly $3 in paint. You are correct though, including the stencils it's going to raise it a couple of dollars so let's make it a $5 job.
grin.gif
</div></div>Wow man,looks great!!! I like the new bolt handle!

Not to beat a dead horse or anything... But that is an outstanding job on the paint. The whole project looks like you have done a great job also. I'll bet that is a fun boom-stick.

Looks great, crisp clean edges on the digital. why didn't you paint the bipod, the black really stands out.