• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 mile impact with .338 caliber on 3rd shot!

MACHTECH

Say cheese!
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    Michigan
    Congrats to Travis on his 3 shot impact at 5280 yards on a 1 moa target! No warm ups or practice shots either. Cold bore shot was .2 mil high and 1.0 mil right. Second round hit at the base of the target. Third was money! Caliber was 33xc, 32" benchmark barrel by Travis at TS Customs (different Travis) shooting a 300gr Berger at 3190. Congratulations again brother on some incredible shooting!
    Screenshot_20210808-142928~2.png

IMG_20210808_135633876.jpg

Curious what his load data was. I’m still experimenting with my 33XC.

Hey, we're in the middle of nowheresville Kansas. Resources are limited! 😂
    I can respect that.
    I once rode the Transamerica Trail on my Dirt bike and I was on the Border of OK and Kansas somewhere and I remember riding the entire day before I saw a tree.
    I actually took a picture of it. Lol
    Proper Country for XLR Shooting.
    Jealous!!!!!

Ok where did the other 400+ moa come from needed to shoot that distance no charlie

Impressive shooting, good job! Did ballistic software bring you so close cold bore or did you have dope for that range? Interested in how well software can predict the trajectory so far out.

I'd be thrilled just to see what a range with 3 miles to shoot at looks like that's just way more than anything we got around here unless you find a way to shoot from one end of the state to the other width wise . lol congrats to the shooter I am envious .

Impressive shooting, good job! Did ballistic software bring you so close cold bore or did you have dope for that range? Interested in how well software can predict the trajectory so far out.
    Strelok called for 111 mils. With the wind at my back creating lift, I guessed it would be a little less. Dialed 109.5. 1st round went 1 mil right. Wind correction planted round 2 right in front of the plate. 0.1mil up and smacked the center.

I have had pretty good luck with my strelok numbers out that far. I know it's unproven dope that far out, but the strelok algorithm seems to do its part if the environmentals are accurate.

suppressor looks a little warped in the picture. lol but that's a awesome achievement.

I'd be thrilled just to see what a range with 3 miles to shoot at looks like that's just way more than anything we got around here unless you find a way to shoot from one end of the state to the other width wise . lol congrats to the shooter I am envious .
    20210418_183853.jpg
    Through a Hensholdt Spotter 60 at around 30 power last year....(note: barn is not in use)

cool wonder how it looks on the target at 50 power . thanks for the pic that's pretty cool .

Last edited:
    Reactions: rottenruger
    TB 338 Ultra
    Damn, I really want to use my SiCo 338 harvester on my 34” bbl 338 cheytac.

I had an engineer run the muzzle pressure numbers and they come out lower than the 338 lapua 20” bbl load (what the can is rated for) but I am too chicken shit to try it 🤣

i’m gonna just pick up a elite iron and play it safe I suppose......

thanks Mach

Reactions: MACHTECH
    Confused out here in Kansas! The picture says 5,280 yards(1 mile) in the original picture. The title says "3 mile impact". Did the OP actually mean to say/write "3 mils" instead of "3 miles"?

• Haha
    Reactions: HogsLife
    Congrats to Travis on his 3 shot impact at 5280 yards on a 1 moa target! No warm ups or practice shots either. Cold bore shot was .2 mil high and 1.0 mil right. Second round hit at the base of the target. Third was money! Caliber was 33xc, 32" benchmark barrel by Travis at TS Customs (different Travis) shooting a 300gr Berger at 3190. Congratulations again brother on some incredible shooting!
    View attachment 7681980
    View attachment 7681981
    Damn! My RPR 338 Lapua doesn't look ANYTHING like your rig! Congrats!!!!