• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 Mils Right LLC Tactical Team Match 5-19/20, 2012

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
3 Mils Right, LLC
Team Tactical Rifle Match
2899 FM 2953 St. Jo, Texas

May 19 and 20, 2012, we will be hosting a two man team tactical match. Match will be limited to 60 teams of two, a total of 120 shooters. This is a prize table match. Sponsor prize table donations will be updated as we get closer to match date. Registration will begin 10:00 AM on March 9, 2012. This match will encompass short range to long range long rifle, carbine and pistol engagements with a predominate focus on team work. Teams will be made up of one long range rifle and one carbine style rifle. Both shooters will also be required to carry a pistol.

Only one team member name is required to register. Please note any match registrations received before 10:00 AM on the 9th will be deleted. Once your registration email is received we will email you the match registration form. The completed form to include both shooters names and match payment will be due within 10 days of registration. If payment is not received we will move to the next team on the list.

To register for the match please send ONE email per team to [email protected] with the following information:

"your name and 3 Mils Right Tactical Team Match Registration" on the subject line for the email.

Team Members Names (Only one name required to register):
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Caliber Shooting?:
How many rifle competitions have you shot?:
Sniper's Hide name?:
T-shirt sizes?:

Time: Squad assignments and safety briefing begins at 7:00 a.m. Firing begins at 8 a.m.

Entry Fee: $350.00 per team

Ammunition: Competitors must furnish their own ammunition. We do not allow tracers, steel core or armor piercing ammunition. If you are found firing any of these types of ammunition you will be disqualified, removed from the competition and forfeit all entry fees. A recommended minimum 200 rounds of rifle, 100 rounds of pistol, Additional ammunition may be required for last-minute stage additions or re-shoots

Targets: IPSC/IDPA paper, Reactive Steel, Static Steel, Poppers and Auto Reset Targets are in use, with ranges from 0 to 1000+ yards.

Course of Fire: 8 stages comprised of long range precision rifle, carbine rifle and pistol scenarios. Competitors should be ready to engage targets using tactical engagement techniques; shooting from various types of positions, cover, tactical reloads and stress situations.

Scoring: Scoring is based on points (hits or misses) and time.

Prizes: This is a prize table match. Prizes have been donated by match sponsors and by 3MR. Trophies will also be awarded to competitors finishing in the top three places. A complete list of sponsors will placed on the 3MR website and updated daily.

Safety: All Safety rules at 3Mils Right will be obeyed at all times. Slides or actions should remain open unless engaged in a course of fire or under the direction of a range officer. Competitors will not be allowed on the firing line until directed by a range officer. Competitors will not be allowed to load ammunition into a weapon unless directed by a range officer **THIS IS A COLD RANGE**. Handling weapons behind the firing line is prohibited.

Please bring appropriate gear for seasonal conditions. You may also want to bring water, Gatorade, snacks, lunch, etc. There will not be a break for lunch. In order to get through all stages competitors will be asked to eat in down time between shooters. There are camp sites available at the range. The cost is $10.00 per day.

Safety Rules

1. Participants are subject to match disqualification for violation of any rule or regulation.

A. Match will be run on COLD RANGES.

B. COLD RANGE (definition): Participants firearms will remain unloaded at the match
site except under the direction of a Range Officer, Match Director or other Safety Personnel.

C. Designated Safety Areas
1. The Safety Areas will be clearly marked with signs.
2. Unloaded firearms may be handled and/or displayed only in the Safety Areas.
3. No ammunition may be handled in any Safety Area.

D. Rifles will be carried muzzle up or muzzle down at all times during transport.

E. Rifles will have an open chamber and magazine removed if equipped with DMB.

F. Handguns must remain in holster, magazine removed except under the
direction of Range Officer(s) on a stage.

G. Handguns must be carried with the "Hammer Down."

H. No participants or spectators shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or nonprescription drugs at the match site. Any participant found to be impaired and deemed
unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and
requested to leave the range.

I. Eye protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel at the match
site.

J. Ear protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel while on or
near a stage of fire.

Disqualifications:

A. Match Disqualification will result in complete disqualification from the match and the
shooter will not be allowed to continue with the match. Shooter will not be eligible for
prizes. Final decision will be with the Match Director, Assistant Match Director and/or the
Range Master.

B. Immediate Match Disqualification for Negligent Discharge.

C. "Negligent Discharge" is defined as the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe manner
or unintentionally in which a projectile (bullet) strikes the ground within 3 meters of
the competitor or range officer, or outside the confines of the backstop.

D. A participant shall be disqualified from the Match for dropping a firearm.

E. A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her firearm to break the
180-degree Safety Plane (except while holstered.)

F. A participant shall be disqualified if his/her muzzle/barrel that points or covers
any participant’s body or portion of body at any time during the match.

G. A participant shall be disqualified for Unsportsmanlike-like conduct.

H. Cheating
1. Intentionally altering targets prior to the target being scored to gain
advantage or avoid a penalty.
2. Altering or falsifying score sheets.
3. Altering the configuration of firearms or equipment to gain advantage

I. Threatening or assaulting other competitors or staff personnel.

J. Disruptive behavior in an attempt to disturb or coach other competitors while they
are shooting.

K. ALL disqualifications and re-shoots will be issued by the MD, Asst. MD and/or Range
Master.

Sportsmanship & Conduct

A. Participants and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous,
sportsman-like manner at all times. Disputes will be handled promptly and fairly by the
Match Director.

Ammunition

A. No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacketed or steel core ammunition is allowed.

B. Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 5.7mm or larger.

C. Rifle ammunition shall be .223/ 5.56mm or larger, with no round larger than .30/7.62mm magnum . Velocity restrictions will be enforced on long guns. Maximum long gun velocity allowed is 3100 fps.

Firearms

A. All firearms used by competitors shall be serviceable and safe.

B. If a competitor's firearm becomes unserviceable during competition, that competitor may
replace his/her firearm with another of the same model, caliber and sighting system
approved by the Match Director or Range Officer.

C. For purposes of this ruling, a "firearm" consists of a specific caliber, receiver, barrel, stock
and sighting system combination.

D. The same firearm system, for each gun, per Rule C, shall be used during the entire
match.

E. Competitors will not reconfigure any firearm during the course of a match. (i.e. change
caliber, barrel length, shotgun magazine tube length, sighting systems or stock style.)
This will be considered Unsportsmanlike-like conduct.

Scoring

A. Scoring per stage will be straight time with bonus’ for accuracy.

B. Any IPSC cardboard target, designated as a “shoot” target must have either one (1)
“A” hit OR two (2) hits anywhere inside the scoring perforations on the target (i.e.
minimum 2 “D” hits) to avoid a penalty.

1. Example of scoring and penalties on paper targets:
a. One “A” zone hit = no penalty
b. Two hits in any combination “B, C or D” = no penalty
c. One B, C or D hit only = 5 second penalty (Failure to neutralize)
d. No hits on target but target was engaged = 10 second penalty
e. Target Not Engaged (TNE)= 10 second penalty for not making the minimum two
hits anywhere on the target plus 5 seconds, per target, for the TNE
PROCEDURAL for a total penalty of 15 seconds per target added to time.

C. Paper targets used in the match may be IPSC (old style), the new IPSC “Classic”,
SOF, or IDPA Targets

D. IPSC (old style) targets; upper A-B zone (head) shall be counted as one (1)
scoring zone.

E. Designated “No Shoot” targets that are hit will incur a 5 second penalty for each hit.

F. Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score. Poppers will be
calibrated to “minor” with a 9mm pistol shooting factory ammunition.

G. Frangible targets must break to score.

H. Swinging style rifle targets must be struck solid enough to cause the hidden “flash
card” to be visible to the R.O., R.O. may call hits.

I. Failure to engage a frangible, knock down or swinging style target will result in a
15-second penalty. (10 seconds for not making the hit and 5 seconds TNE.)

J. Engaging a frangible, knock-down or swinging style target but not breaking it,
knocking it down or causing the target to react will result in a 10 second penalty per
target.

K. Procedural penalties, 5 seconds per shot, may be assessed for failing to follow the
stage directions as written in the stage description.

L. Procedural penalties, 5 seconds, may be assessed for failing to follow stage
procedures.

M. Stage Not Fired (SNF) penalty, 500 seconds per stage not fired.

O. Maximum penalty time for any stage (including target penalties) is 500 seconds.

P. Total points accumulated for all stages will determine the match placement by
class.

Lowest overall time wins.

Re: 3 Mils Right LLC Tactical Team Match 5-19/20, 2012

That sounds awesome Chuck! I'll be checking my schedule!

Wait... any boats involved???

This has my interest. Let's see if I can find a bolt gunner.

Kinda in the same boat... Boooooshay!!! You wanna run this again? I'll bring 2 snorkels this time!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sharpstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has my interest. Let's see if I can find a bolt gunner. </div></div>

I may know of a guy would be interested as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda in the same boat... Boooooshay!!! You wanna run this again? I'll bring 2 snorkels this time!! </div></div>

Thinking so my man, you gonna wear a wet suit this time? The water should be warm enough by May to be in it. You'd think with a couple boat drivers like us... we'd know to stay in the boat!!!!

Call you sometime this week T, got a office full of "help" this week....

Chuck, will this be about the same as the last team comp? Gas guns limited to around 500 yards? I am trying to decide on what gas gun to bring.

New sponsors who made donations:
Victor Company
Berger
Western Sport
Springfield Armory
Sierra
Midway USA
Impact Data Books
Euro Optic

List keeps growing. It's companies like these who support shooters that make it possible to have matches like this.

Thank you to all the sponsors who have graciously donated prizes.

Are there still open slots for this match?

Yes slots still open. Brian I got your registration and you have been sent the registration conformation email.

New sponsors added today:
Remington
Dillon Precision
XS Sight Systems
Manners Composite Stocks

Thanks guys for your support!

For all those who have submitted payment, thank you. For all those who have still not submitted payment, please do so. We are using a fair portion of the entry fees to purchase prize table prizes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Why does this match have to be the same weekend as my daughter's birthday party?!!???

I am very jealous of those who get to shoot this match. Chuck puts on an awesome match and I'm sure this one will be one of the best....

Hey Lucks, why don't you bring her. I'm sure she would love to help reset and tape targets on her birthday!

This should be an awesome match as they always are at 3 mils!

For all of those who have registered and have not sent in payment, please do so ASAP. I need to order T Shirts and print shooters books and need to know final numbers on how many we need. Cut off date for T Shirts is 4/19/12. If I do not have your payment and size by that date you will not receive a shirt in your shooters bag.

Registration cutoff is 4/27/12. We will take no more entries after that date. If you have reqistered and have not paid, please sumbit payment now.

sponsor list growing by the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all of those who have registered and have not sent in payment, please do so ASAP. I need to order T Shirts and print shooters books and need to know final numbers on how many we need. Cut off date for T Shirts is <span style="color: #FF0000">3/19/12</span>. If I do not have your payment and size by that date you will not receive a shirt in your shooters bag.

Registration cutoff is <span style="color: #FF0000">3/27/12</span>. We will take no more entries after that date. If you have reqistered and have not paid, please sumbit payment now.

sponsor list growing by the day.</div></div>

you know it's already April, right? just kidding, we'll get our payment sent ASAP...

Match registration closed Friday 4/27. We are no longer accepting teams for the match. Shooters will receive further instructions via email to the address you provided at time of registration.

Guys,

There has been a small modification to the match. All stages will be fired on Saturday May 19th. This will mean you go not need a hotel for the night of the 19th. If you have any questions let me know. I will update match posting on website as well.

Thanks

Wish I could have made this one. Dang kids and their birthdays!:)

Let us know how it turns out!

Wish I could have made this one also. Hope you guys have a great time!

Match went very well other than the 40 mph winds. Shooters did well to overcome winds. Congrats to the winners, 1st Matt Perry / Ed Clark, 2nd Zach Meadows / Allen Morrison and 3rd Adam Williams / George Moore.

Glad everyone came out to shoot and we hope you all enjoyed the match. Please be sure to thank the sponsors.

This match was a lot of fun and run really well. The shooters were all top notch and friendly, the winds and conditions did make it really challenging in the afternoon.

Thanks to Chuck and the RO's for putting this on and as always thanks to all the sponsors who donated to the prize table.

Thanks to Chuck and the RO's for putting on a great match. And the competitors were all a great bunch and made our first gas gun match go well. Hope to get down and do it again soon.

thanks for hosting a great match,and thanks again to the ro's.the sponsors really made a nice prize table, thanks to all of you it really means a lot. looking forward to the next shoot at 3 mils. its always fun

man would i love to have made this one

This was a fun match, with a great prize table and a crazy amount of free, cool T-shirts from Viking Tactics. Great day of shooting!

Congratulations to all the shooters who finished the day, and congratulations to the damn Oakies that came down and shot very well!

Chuck,

Would you please put some astro turf on the zero line of the long range. I think we all went home with 2 pounds of sand stuck to us and our guns.