• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 3 out of 5 hogs down with thermal.

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Found a sounder of 5 young sows and some piglets out in a pasture a week ago. They must be new to the area because I did everything wrong the wind was strong to my back and blowing directly at them, and I clanked the suppressor on a metal gate (sounded like a gong) yet they just stayed there feeding paying me no mind. Took my shots from 70-100ish yards because I just knew they were going to bust me and run at any second.

Tried for a ear hole shot on the first sow. She either moved or I pulled the shot because it hit her in the snout. A quick follow up shot and she tumbled, the next shot rolled another one, and just as they crested a little rise I clipped one in the rear ham. When I got to the next field the third hog was down but trying to get up one more 120gr sst and she was done. That's why I love the SST's on hogs most of the time if you hit them they go down even with bad shot placement.

Here is the video again this is using the MDVR from Ultimate Night Vision I really love this recorder with its instant on record switch.

NEW SOUNDER OF HOGS 3 OUT OF 5 DOWN - YouTube