• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
Well I finally got some pigs to come in enough light to get a shot with out my NV. They came in around 715pm sat night at the 200 yd feeder. I had to turn my scope down to 4x to get enough light and turn on the lighted rect. There were 3 under the feeder and shot the biggest first. Then the other 2 scattered but one decided to come back and check on her buddy and I shot her. The last one came out running about 100yds away and shot it on the run. It was a good time and can't wait for the next round.
2011-11-05200359.jpg

Re: 3 pigs down

thats the way to do it! i do not own a night vision scope. however at my favorite hog hunting spots its a good keliche background. so the entire area around the feeder is real bright. with that it does not take much light to be able to make out a hogs shape accurately by moonlight with good glass. Its like a texas version of night hunting in a fresh snow. only it never melts is the good thing

Ccoker,

I have remington 700 in 308 w/ a little work done. Also ar with eotech and pvs14. My hog hunting setup is 2 feeders one about 200yds out and another at 75 with a solar powered and motioned sensored led light with multi food sources so if I want to stay late the pigs come in there it is a gravy shot.

Here are some pics of the close feeder with a pig pipe, feeder, and the light.

PRMS0176.jpg

PRMS0093.jpg

might be a dumb question, i can see what you are talking about but what exactly is a pig pipe? just filled with corn and some little holes?