• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.30-06 reloading options

Tony_D_50652

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2014
Lincoln, IA
I know that somewhere on here this has been brought up but the serch option rendered nothing useful for me in this case so here it goes:
I have been shooting a variety of store bought .30-06 ammo for a while now, primarily Remington core lock 150gr but had tried all different grain of core lock along with Winchester and Federal 150gr rounds. I have saved all of my 1 fired brass and am over 1000 empty cases currently and recently acquired some reloading tools inclueding a set or F L .30-06 dies.
Anyway to get to my point in your honest opinion what is your perfered or the "best" components (projectile, primer, and powder) to make a target/varment load for 200 yard + shooting?

H4350 powder, large rifle primers, and Barnes TTSX. Work up from min to max and see what your rifle likes.