• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

30 BTAC

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
I believe it is a 408 Cheytac case cut off to about 2" or so and necked down to 30 cal. Anybody running one? I`m interested.

Re: 30 BTAC

Ask Dave Viers

at Black Diamonds rifles, I think he may have invented it not sure but i know he has done a lot of experimenting with BTAC cartridge even in long range pistols

Cheers

Very interesting but I would have thought that the brase would be very thick and hard to work with shortened to 2 inches

I built the 30BTAC for a special P dog hunt with a pistol. Our goal was shots in excess of 2000 yards, new record with a pistol. The weather was not good and only had two days to achieve the feat. We never had a confirmed kill, several possible hits but could not find evidence. One possible hit was at 2147 yards, the dog flipped up in the air but no evidence.

The 408 case is shortened to 2.5" long, it takes 18 steps to form and turn the necks. Once done the cases are almost indestructable, i have 35 loadings on the initial tests and still going. Its important to anneal the necks like any other case. The most tedious part of the forming process is the neck reaming and turning.

I had thought about getting custom brass made up with a rebated case head so it would fit into a standard lapua bolt face. The round is very accurate and would be a good choice for a bolt rifle as well. In my pistol i was running 85gns of H-1000 with 210gn Sierra bullets. 2800fps