• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 Nosler Rechambering Options

Bilbo_Saggins

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2023
Louisiana
I have a CA Ridgeline in 30 Nos. I’ve got around 150 rounds through it, but finding the rounds nowadays is getting tough. Would like to rechamber before I burn out the barrel (if I came upon enough rounds to do so) to something else, pretty much any other 30 cal.
It’s a CF barrel, so not much I can cut down. I’d love to sling 308s down this 26” barrel (would put on another action), but probably not an option I assume? Could I rechamber in 300WM, 300PRC, or something else? I’m open to all suggestions and letdowns!

300WM and 300PRC both have a more narrow case so you can’t rechamber in those. Looking at 300rum I don’t think that would work either as it has more taper than the 30nos. I think you are stuck with that barrel at least. If you saved you brass you can just reload it for significantly cheaper than buying loaded ammo. My answer btw is based on a google search of reamer dimensions and my hastily comparison so I could be wrong if I misread something but I believe you are stuck with that chamber.

300WM and 300PRC both have a more narrow case so you can’t rechamber in those. Looking at 300rum I don’t think that would work either as it has more taper than the 30nos. I think you are stuck with that barrel at least. If you saved you brass you can just reload it for significantly cheaper than buying loaded ammo. My answer btw is based on a google search of reamer dimensions and my hastily comparison so I could be wrong if I misread something but I believe you are stuck with that chamber.
Thanks for the reply. It’s already off of the receiver. Damn.

Thanks for the reply. It’s already off of the receiver. Damn.
Set it in the safe and have a new barrel spun up in your flavor of choice. Keep your eye out for 30 nos brass and ammunition. The barrel won’t go bad sitting in the safe.

Reactions: Bilbo_Saggins
I take it that you do not reload? Brass and components are readily available.

I don’t have dies for the 30nos yet, have some brass. Was going to look at my other options before going all in on this cartridge.

I don’t have dies for the 30nos yet, have some brass. Was going to look at my other options before going all in on this cartridge.
As far as the other options you were looking at rechamber inch to, the 30 nos will outperform them anyway, so if you have brass, and are able to reload, you would be out more money setting up another caliber. Literally all you need is a set of dies and you are set assuming you already have components. Are you just trying to have a caliber that you can find factory ammo for and not worry about reloading?

I have a CA Ridgeline in 30 Nos. I’ve got around 150 rounds through it, but finding the rounds nowadays is getting tough. Would like to rechamber before I burn out the barrel (if I came upon enough rounds to do so) to something else, pretty much any other 30 cal.
It’s a CF barrel, so not much I can cut down. I’d love to sling 308s down this 26” barrel (would put on another action), but probably not an option I assume? Could I rechamber in 300WM, 300PRC, or something else? I’m open to all suggestions and letdowns!
It would be cheaper for you to start reloading for 1 cartridge with an RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme, than it would be to rebarrel and start over with something else.

Reactions: Bilbo_Saggins