• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes 30 or 35mm

cb1000h

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
Pa
IF 30mm is better than 1" tube would a 35mm be better yet?
Mount will be on a 700 ltr 308

Re: 30 or 35mm

what scope? If USO, I'll do 34 and I can also hook you up
wink.gif

There are 34mm scopes also.

Typically the thicker the tube the heavier the scope will be.

Often a thicker tubed scope will have more elevation and windage travel too.

Well Vortex over Millet for sure, no matter what tube size.

But which scopes are you looking at, what are you looking to do and what's your budget?

Jason

Im kinda short on EXTRA cash
What are the advantages of the 35 over the 30

To be blunt, If you are short on cash, 34mm or 35mm doesn't matter.
Stick with a 30mm or 1".
The larger the tube, the more adjustment capability…typically.

If you need rings as well, 30mm would be my pick. Plenty of elevation and there is plenty selection of rings in 30mm vs 35mm.

30mm rings has more selection, and can be had at a lower price than 35mm.

Pick your scope first and find out the elevation availability on that scope, then you can determine if you need that extra elevation. Not likely you will run out of elevation for .308, and a 20 MOA base should solve the elevation issue if any.

I was definately going with 20moa base.
And by the advice given 30mm rings. Looking like the Millet Tsr 4x16 @ 300 it seams like a good price. My friend has one on his 700 sps and he loves it. Any thoughts on who's base and rings as well as mil or moa are much appreciate especially on the budget side
Max range for right now would not be any more than 300 yards and I'm a novice for this type of shooting.
Thank you Wayne

Waynd B,
Go to Natchez web site they have Millett 4-16-50 Tactical Riflescope Mill-dot bar reticle with flip up scopecover--Camo scope on sale for 239.95. Illuminated reticle. I bought two of them last night.
Millett number: MIBK81001A