• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 AAC BLACKOUT high speed video

Re: 300 AAC BLACKOUT high speed video

sweet! thanks Rsilvers. can't wait for my 11" Wilson 300AAC barrel to show up. maybe tomorrow.

are there any bonded rounds good for LE applications yet? like auto glass penetration etc?

The 125 grain ammo will be for sale around June, and there will be a bonded LE round around Sept - and a military Mk318/Mk319 SOST-like round hopefully at the same time.

Very impressive; I can only imagine the trauma this round can cause.

Im on the fence regarding a .300 BO build. The only thing making me stall is ammo availability. I dont want to invest in another platform that never catches on and ammo is never available for it.

I dont handload so I rely on factory production rates.

I bought into a .50 Beowulf platform and loved the round for its intended purpose but could never shoot it cause I cant get ammo for it on a regular basis.

50 Beowulf is not a SAAMI round. This round will always be available as even if the big companies don't make enough ammo, any number of smaller places can make it from Lake City 5.56mm brass. There will be about 25 loads for it coming out throughout the year.

Any chance of putting that video back up?

It is up. I had to change the file to correct the text.

Thanks. Can I assume both those loads were super sonic?

We just got our case of 200rds of subsonic ammo, now we wait for the uppers
frown.gif

Cool. Any chance of doing some 220gr subsonics?

Probably the next rounds of tests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KaneK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We just got our case of 200rds of subsonic ammo, now we wait for the uppers
frown.gif
</div></div>

16 inch AAC uppers with KAC URX-III rails should ship in 1-2 weeks. They are already built but we are waiting for some documentation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50 Beowulf is not a SAAMI round. This round will always be available as even if the big companies don't make enough ammo, any number of smaller places can make it from Lake City 5.56mm brass. There will be about 25 loads for it coming out throughout the year. </div></div>

So what does that mean to the end user...the consumer like me?

I like the platform, I'm sold on the concept......I just need to know when ammo will be readily available. Will there ever be a time it's not on back order.....or when I can buy cases at a time?

I like that Remington is on board with production, but will it ever happen in meaningful quantities? I prefer to buy ammo by the case load.....preferably 2-3 cases at a time.

Subsonic is readily available as of this week. Supersonic more like Summer for big numbers but AAC will distribute a smaller company brand in a few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50 Beowulf is not a SAAMI round. This round will always be available as even if the big companies don't make enough ammo, any number of smaller places can make it from Lake City 5.56mm brass. There will be about 25 loads for it coming out throughout the year. </div></div>

So what does that mean to the end user...the consumer like me?

I like the platform, I'm sold on the concept......I just need to know when ammo will be readily available. Will there ever be a time it's not on back order.....or when I can buy cases at a time?

I like that Remington is on board with production, but will it ever happen in meaningful quantities? I prefer to buy ammo by the case load.....preferably 2-3 cases at a time. </div></div>

Make a small investment and start reloading for it. My Best freind has a Beuwolf and I have a Grendel and We both reload for them. A Lee Aniversary reloading kit can be had from Cabela's for about $75.

What is the difference between the 300aac and the 300 whisper? It looks the same to me.

300 AAC BLACKOUT is a SAAMI standard. It also has a longer throat, like 6.8 SPC-II does compared to 6.8, or 5.56mm does compared to 223. Remington makes factory ammo and about 40 companies are making products for it.

Here is the AAC 16 inch upper:

300blk16inchimg7058smal.jpg

What's the price on that upper?

That is a sexy rifle, no doubt.

$1080 including the flash suppressor mount and FA BCG.

I see calibration bb tracks on the far side of each Jello (TM) block, and a measurement grid on the bottom of the frame.

Anyone know whether those are 2-inch blocks and spaces along the bottom? Or 2 cm or 3 cm???

Velocities of those 125- and 110-gr bullets? Full capture of the 110 was pretty impressive.

Gel was 10 inches wide and 20%. I don't know the velocity yet.

I did figure out that 300 AAC BLACKOUT at 210 yards has the same muzzle velocity as an M1 Carbine at the muzzle (110 grain bullets).

How about a video with the 220gr subsonics. Will it zip right through the jello?

I think it will, but may tumble, I am not sure. We will do more videos later in the year when more types of ammo are out.

with the cult-like following of the 300 Whisper, it was just a matter of time til the round went public--I believe the 300BO
is a useful platform and plan on an upper some time this year
---after I finish the Grendels and 204 platforms

So, If only the throat is different, will it and a whisper ammo inner-change?

300 AAC BLACKOUT is hotter. If you shoot it in a 300 Whisper(R) chamber, it will go over 55,000 psi. It would be like shooting 6.8 SPC-II ammo in a 6.8 chamber, or 5.56mm ammo in a 223 chamber.

Still curious, other than being standardized by a major ammo company what is the benefit over the whisper? How much more mv will it have with a 125 grain bullet? I have had a whisper in a ar,and a contender. What am I missing?

I don't know how much more, but 300 AAC BLACKOUT can do 2450 fps with a 110 grain bullet at 55,000 psi in a 16 inch barrel.

You can pretty much do everything with the guns you already have, but this will get more people into it.

Is h110 the go to powder for this? I used that in my whispers until I found that 4227 out performed it and was not sensitive to temps.

H110 works well, but I am being told that N110 is producing some of the best results for supersonic..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1080 including the flash suppressor mount and FA BCG. </div></div>

from whom?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is h110 the go to powder for this? I used that in my whispers until I found that 4227 out performed it and was not sensitive to temps. </div></div>

I think H110 is the top choice. 4227 is too bulky and you cannot fit enough in the case to get to max pressure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1080 including the flash suppressor mount and FA BCG. </div></div>

from whom? </div></div>

AAC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H110 works well, but I am being told that N110 is producing some of the best results for supersonic.. </div></div>

N110 is also too bulky to fit.