• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300 Blackout Accuracy

anschutz64ms

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
I just got a remington 700 sps in 300 blk with a 16.5" barrel. I just started to work up a load for it and I'm a reloader so that's all I'll be doing. My question is, What is the expected accuracy for a 300 blkout? I always try to get my loads to within 1/2 Moa but I know some calibers just won't do that. So what are some of your guys groups with the bolt guns or single shots. and what kind of accuracy should I expect with the 110 vmax, 125 sierras, 208 amax "subs" and 220 smk "? Thanks in advance for your help on the topic.

If I can get half inch groups at 100
with a Danniel Defence AR with factory loads you should do a lot better with your bolt gun. My sps in 308 gets 3/8 inch groups at 100. The blackout is a great little round I love it. Go over to the 300 blackout forum you will get all your questions answered there

300blk is hit or miss on the accuracy. The chrono numbers are also all over the place. However it seems that even though the loads are not consistent, some times they are the most accurate loads guys show, while loads that are pretty consistent across the chrono are not at all the best accuracy loads out of the gun.

It takes work to get decent accuracy loads.

My 208 AMAX subs shoot MOA fairly easily. They are more accurate than the 220g SMK subs, but not by much. A buddy that loads and shoots 300blk also shoots 208 AMAX sub MOA(I think he had 5 rounds at 100 into a hole the size of a soda can tab if I remember what was sitting next to the holes in the picture). I have put 2 into one hole on many occasions. My buddy called a miss on Monday when we went, but when we got the target it was 2 into one hole.

I have seen the new 125g SMK supers showing good promise as well as the 110g Barnes(although they are pricey). I think the 125 noslers are doing pretty well too. I dont load supers to much though.

A lot of it is in the brass prep IMO(although I dont do much except full length re-size and trim). Some guys say they have better luck when annealing the brass after forming. Some guys are neck turning. I personally havent done any of that. I just run my cases into my forming/cutting setup(from Brads Warehouse) and then run em through a Forster full length sizer. I also use a Lee FCD for crimping and put a decent crimp on my rounds, some guys dont crimp at all.

RJACOBS is dead on about the ammo being the key. I've had two 300 Blackout bolt rifles and a GAP AR 15 Blackout now. We've had them shoot less than 1/2 but factory ammo is hit or miss box per box from what we've seen. I just started playing around with hand loads but we've been shooting 220 SMKs for sub and 125 BTs for super. Powder charges for subs is the trick for my guns.