• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Blackout Accuracy

anschutz64ms

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
I just got a remington 700 sps in 300 blk with a 16.5" barrel. I just started to work up a load for it and I'm a reloader so that's all I'll be doing. My question is, What is the expected accuracy for a 300 blkout? I always try to get my loads to within 1/2 Moa but I know some calibers just won't do that. So what are some of your guys groups with the bolt guns or single shots. and what kind of accuracy should I expect with the 110 vmax, 125 sierras, 208 amax "subs" and 220 smk "? Thanks in advance for your help on the topic.

The round seems to be fairly capable, friend of mine who works for a major AR manufacturer has been doing some long range testing. He getting sub MOA groups at 600yd using the Sierra 155 palma bullets, this is with a 16" bbl AR platform.