• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blackout bolt gun

There’s a point. It’s just fun, something different. The little 85 grain Maker TREX’s are coming out at 2750 in my RAR and 2400 in my 10” AR with hardly any recoil. Fun little cartridge to experiment with.

Reactions: RFutch
There’s a point. It’s just fun, something different. The little 85 grain Maker TREX’s are coming out at 2750 in my RAR and 2400 in my 10” AR with hardly any recoil. Fun little cartridge to experiment with.
Yeah for sure but also 6.5 grendel is also a fun mini action cartridge if you don’t care about subs.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Anyone have one they only shoot supers out of? Is there any point?

I know there are a lot better cartridges to use but I always thought the 300 blk was fun in an AR so why not a bolt gun too?

I have a 12 inch AR upper that I use for pig hunting on my M-16 lower. Shooting solids it hits them pretty hard.

But not a bolt gun...

Lot of good info in this thread. It will cost about the same ($500) to build a .300 BO AR upper as it would to get a Ruger American. Both would likely teach you over time that the round is really a solution in search of a problem. I think it has certain military applications, where you need a vastly reduced signature from 50 or 100m, but the ammo ends up being very expensive for what it does. I don't necessarily agree that .308 Subs are better - the rounds tend to be finicky and the case is way over capacity. I find myself still in search of a good 9mm bolt solution, since 9mm 150gr or 147gr can give you ~80% of the capability of .300 Black at ~40% of the price per round.

I have a Remington 700 based 300 blk with a Douglas barrel cut to 9 inches. I cut the fore end of the stock (McMillan) off about 2 inches so the supressor does not contact the stock, sanded a contour on the tip and had longrifles paint it.

The gun shoots awesome. It is 1/8 twist. I would go faster twist if I did it again.

I did not want to go bigger than 30 caliber because I have a bunch of 30 caliber supressors. The one that is on the gun is a degroat 300 whisper suppressor. Long but super quiet.

My kids will shoot me out of ammo if I don’t watch it. Sounds like a pellet gun.

I use 220 grain outlaw state bullets for shooting does and I have yet to loose one.

I dont understand why anyone would want super blackouts. The whole idea is quiet, if its not quiet, shoot something better/cheaper.
I don't know why I do either. I keep having to talk myself out of it lol.

Anyone have one they only shoot supers out of? Is there any point?

I know there are a lot better cartridges to use but I always thought the 300 blk was fun in an AR so why not a bolt gun too?
Yes, supers only for me since my barrel did not like subsonic loads. Is there any point to having one....maybe. I thinks it's fun in a bolt gun personally. Also it's a very nice low recoiling, lightweight, and short range hunting rifle.

I have a Zermatt Arms Origin action that has a 19 inch 1 in 8" twist .300BLK barrel currently on it for fun. For about two months out of the year instead of the BLK barrel it has a .223Rem barrel on it specifically for shooting PDogs. It's my 2nd/backup .223Rem bolt gun.

I'm running inexpensive Hornady & Speer projectiles which I can push the 110gr at 2530fps and 130gr around 2300fps which is fun for plinking and varmints. For more serious hunting and absolute terminal performance I'll load up the Barnes 110gr TAC-TX, Lehigh 110gr Controlled Chaos or 100gr Cutting Edge FB Raptors.

Reactions: RFutch
I walked out of a Cabelas 6-7 years ago with a Rem 700 AAC, with rebates and father's day sale I think I paid $379. I threw a take-off HS Police stock and PTG AR mag bottom metal and never fired it. Seemed like a fun project at the time, but apparently didn't fit my needs. Plan now is to sell the case of Sig Sub Match ammo I got in trade and re-barrel to .223
11. Rem 700 SPS.JPG

Remington 700 , McMillan Game warden , Kelvin trigger , Badger bdm shoots and feeds 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-064423_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-064423_Gallery.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 79