• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 300 blk (AAC blackou) Laser diode?

rawdeal77

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
Dallas & Lubbock, Tx
I'm about to complete my 300 blk build and I will soon be sighting it in. I love my acu-sight bore sighter, but I doubt I have the propper diode.

Since they don't make one expressly for 300blk, does anyone have any idea what diode would work?

Re: 300 blk (AAC blackou) Laser diode?

Im not sure, because you cut the brass and set it back abit. If you already have on, test it. Why would you need a laser to sight it in? Just make a solid rest, and look through the barrel, and you'll be pretty straight on. Im usually about 10cm away from bullseye after this procedure.

Just get one of those $20 universal bore sight-ers

Yeah they suck but it'll get you pretty close on the random calibers

My aimshot 20x blows it away but I think my uni is a burris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need a laser to sight it in? Just make a solid rest, and look through the barrel, and you'll be pretty straight on. Im usually about 10cm away from bullseye after this procedure.</div></div>

This works for me every time. No need to waste money and have more crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you need a laser to sight it in? Just make a solid rest, and look through the barrel, and you'll be pretty straight on. Im usually about 10cm away from bullseye after this procedure.</div></div>

This works for me every time. No need to waste money and have more crap. </div></div>

I agree, and this is my usual proceedure; however, this is not a bolt gun. It's built on an AR platform, and I am not aware of the procedure for looking through the barrel of an AR. If you know of one, I would be delighted to avoid buying more "crap."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rawdeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, and this is my usual proceedure; however, this is not a bolt gun. It's built on an AR platform, and I am not aware of the procedure for looking through the barrel of an AR. If you know of one, I would be delighted to avoid buying more "crap."</div></div>
Remove lower assembly. Remove bolt carrier assembly. Holding upper still, switch back and forth between (1) looking through barrel, centering the target and (2) adjusting the scope to be on target.

Once done with bore sighting, reassemble rifle and zero the scope.

I just clam mine open with a bipod on the font till the stock hits the ground making a nice A shape and remove the BCG. With a bit of fiddling you can easily see down the bore and sight the target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rawdeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, and this is my usual proceedure; however, this is not a bolt gun. It's built on an AR platform, and I am not aware of the procedure for looking through the barrel of an AR. If you know of one, I would be delighted to avoid buying more "crap."</div></div>
Remove lower assembly. Remove bolt carrier assembly. Holding upper still, switch back and forth between (1) looking through barrel, centering the target and (2) adjusting the scope to be on target.

Once done with bore sighting, reassemble rifle and zero the scope. </div></div>

This^^^^