• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blk out bolt guns

408w

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Western ny
Is there a decent factory or am I better off building one. Going to be using it as a night time varmint gun. Not committed totally to this caliber but want something quiet and I have the dies and everything to get up and running.

Thank you

I’ve got the Howa and like everything about it, except the mags(feel cheap and flimsy) and the mag release. I had a couple feeding issues with Hornady 110s, though I’m not sure if it is the mag or the ammo. Never had an issue with 190s or 220s.

My problem with the magazine release is just because of its location.

I keep hoping someone like MDT will either build a chassis that works with other mags or design a new mag, but no luck.
There is also the Savage, Ruger, and Remington Model 7, if you can find one.

I’ve got the Howa and like everything about it, except the mags(feel cheap and flimsy) and the mag release. I had a couple feeding issues with Hornady 110s, though I’m not sure if it is the mag or the ammo. Never had an issue with 190s or 220s.

My problem with the magazine release is just because of its location.

I keep hoping someone like MDT will either build a chassis that works with other mags or design a new mag, but no luck.
There is also the Savage, Ruger, and Remington Model 7, if you can find one.
There is an Oryx available for this model available now. Should address most of your issues.

I built one a while back on a Howa .223 action. I used a Brux cut rifled 1/7.5 twist.
Ended up dropping it into a KRG Bravo. That Howa with the Oryx chassis would’ve saved me a lot of cash.

Attachments

• 186B1251-853C-4187-B621-BD7A824CCF24.jpeg
    186B1251-853C-4187-B621-BD7A824CCF24.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 656
I rebarreled a Cz527 MTR from .223 to .300 Blackout. I had to mill the magazine guide ribs for the .30 cal bullets to work in the magazine but so far it's working well. Having the biggest problem getting MV spreads tight enough for use past 300-400yd. Start getting a lot of vertical. Working towards 500-600yd capable subsonics. Totally for shits and giggles. Get some good looks when you ping 300-400yd steel with a blackout sub.

There is an Oryx available for this model available now. Should address most of your issues.
Did they produce a new model? Looks like the Oryx still uses the factory Howa mags.

My mini is currently in an MDT LSS, waiting on a stamp. If they’ve got a new version, I may need to check it out and rethink the barrel length.

Did they produce a new model? Looks like the Oryx still uses the factory Howa mags.

My mini is currently in an MDT LSS, waiting on a stamp. If they’ve got a new version, I may need to check it out and rethink the barrel length.
I have no idea.

Ive got a Rem 700 300blk factory gun. Put it in a Stocky's stocks "tacticool" stock inlet for PTG DBM bottom metal(knock off of Badger M5 bottom metal). For a "cheap" 700 factory gun it shoots great.

I have a Ruger American ranch. Replaced trigger. Shoots surprisingly well for what it is, tupper ware stock, etc.

How about a SRT 77/44? 300gr bullets made to expand at subsonic velocities.

But as far as the 300bo goes. I have a AAC barrel screwed on a r700. It runs just fine with the HS bottom metal. It ran just as well in a chassis with poly aics mags.