• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300 blkout 3 lug mount

evilcoon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2012
Farmington Hills, MI
I have a 7" barrel and want to attach a 3 lug adapter (with a AAC Evolution 9MM suppressor) while shooting subsonics, would that kill me? Obviously not supersonic.

Theoretically speaking it sounds like it could work. Most of the thread-on 3 lug adapters I've seen use a 1/2"x28 or 1/2"x36 pitch. The 1/2" diameter may be a little thin for a 30 cal barrel. That's a question for a gunsmith - I just don't know. My second concern would be accuracy. I have a 3 lug on a dedicated 9mm AR with a 4 1/2" barrel. Works great on that rifle at 9mm distances... we're talking fun gun to bang on 4" steel plates out 50 yards or so. I'd be curious to see how repeatable POI would be at longer distances with a rifle that you were shooting for accuracy. Again not enough experience with it to tell you. My Third concern would be remembering not to shoot supersonic ammo through it. I don't know how many full charge 300 BO rounds an Evolution will take before something goes south. I run an AAC SDN-6 on my SBR 300 BO so supers vs subs doesn't make a difference to the can.

Thanks for the info, I should of mentioned that I'll be adding 5/8x24 threads. I have the 762SDN6 as well just wanted to switch between the Evo if possible.

You could run a 9mm can on it but since you have an sdn6 I wouldn't want to wrench brakes on and off personally.

Only reason I would want to run a pistol can on a 300BLK AR would be to tuck under a hand guard(ive thought about building a short barrel upper with a 13" handguard and tucking my TiRant 45 under it). With a 7" barrel, the SDN-6 wont fit with most hand guards since the shortest(unless you go to a 4" pistol hand guard) is ~7", good luck getting the SDN-6 to work. While it will go on, you will have a bitch of a time getting the can unlocked since you wont have easy access to the latch. Maybe your overall setup would work, I dont know what hand guard you have or your clearances.

JB Tactical will take an AAC 1/2-28 piston and re-thread it to 5/8-24. You can use the piston and a fixed barrel spacer with your pistol can. I just sent him a piston so I could run a TiRant45 on my 9" 300BLK.

If you are going to go that route(of just using a piston with fixed barrel spacer) why not just buy one in the correct thread from AAC since 6 or 7 threads are available?

Unless he didnt charge you hardly anything for the work, I would rather just have one from AAC in case there were any issues. I could see AAC denying warranty coverage for using a modified part if you had an issue like a baffle strike.

If you are going to go that route(of just using a piston with fixed barrel spacer) why not just buy one in the correct thread from AAC since 6 or 7 threads are available?

Unless he didnt charge you hardly anything for the work, I would rather just have one from AAC in case there were any issues. I could see AAC denying warranty coverage for using a modified part if you had an issue like a baffle strike.

As far as I know, AAC doesn't make a piston with a 5/8-24 thread pitch, probably because they don't want people using TiRant 45 suppressors on 300BLK since they aren't rated for the use of supersonic ammo on that caliber. AAC does not recommend using the TiRant cans on 300BLK in case someone accidentally runs supersonic ammo through it and damages the can, themselves, etc.

Last edited:
As far as I know, AAC doesn't make a piston with a 5/8-24 thread pitch, probably because they don't want people using TiRant 45 suppressors on 300BLK since they aren't rated for the use of supersonic ammo on that caliber. AAC does not recommend using the TiRant cans on 300BLK in case someone accidentally runs supersonic ammo through it and damages the can, themselves, etc.

You are right. I could have sworn I saw they had a 5/8x24 piston for the TiRant's, but they dont.