• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Norma Mag Bullet Puller

Painless300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Rome, GA
I just started loading for 300 Norma Mag and ran into an issue when trying to pull bullets. I have a QUINETICS CORP. kinetic puller and the case gets stuck in the Cap / Collet. I have a Forester Universal puller as well but I cannot stand using it as the bullet gets stuck in the collet and you have to take the whole thing apart to get it out.
I like the kinetic style puller, does anyone one use these that works well with lapua bolt face cases? If so which one are you using?

I can’t answer your question about kinetic pullers directly but will say that I use the Hornady Collet puller for big 30s and 338s and have not had a problem with bullets sticking.

Reactions: aam
Thanks Sig. I use a Coax so pretty sure I can’t use the Hornady puller.
This works great and it should be doable on a COAX

Thanks Sig. I use a Coax so pretty sure I can’t use the Hornady puller.
Buy a cheap press like the Lee Challenger to use as a dedicated bullet pulling station then purchase the Hornady cam lock puller and .30 cal collet.

I've got the RCBS and collets for each cal - good to go.

I've got the Forster universal as well, and found being careful with how much you tighten it down helps with the sticking. If it does get stuck, I've been able to tap the top of collet screw and the bullet falls out.

The 300 NM does not fit in the barrels of my two impact pullers.

The Hornady collet puller works just fine on my Coax. It's not a high-volume operation but hopefully, that is never needed.
Thats good info! I may try it out. This is certainly not a high volume situation, just when I overshoot my seating depth every once in a while.

I've got the Forster universal as well, and found being careful with how much you tighten it down helps with the sticking. If it does get stuck, I've been able to tap the top of collet screw and the bullet falls out.
Yea, Ive tried not putting the death grip on the bullet and tapping does work some times, its still a royal pain when it does stick.