• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Norma Mag question

odoylerules

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2017
I’m about to order a barrel for my desert tech SRS A-1, chambered in 300 Norma Mag. I plan to run the Berger 215 after doing some research and hearing about the great results some are getting from that combo. I plan to get the barrel from ES tactical, TS custom, or SAC.
I assume they use a standard reamer, maybe saami spec, for the regular 300nm.
My question, can I run the Berger 215 out long enough, say to the neck/shoulder junction with the boat tail, to take full advantage of that round, with a saami chamber?
Thanks guys

Totally depends on the freebore of the reamer they use. I'm not sure as to what the ideal FB length would be. I shoot the 215's and they are very consistent for me.

I don't see why not, but I've only used the 230's and they're longer. It's a great chambering. Standard reamer from PTG. Hasn't let me down since 2011 when I got it. Pic from right before the Gunsite ELR classs in 2012 300NM is the lower one, top is 338 Snipetac for the 2d stage of 338 bullet testing we did while there.
1548919647192.png