• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 norma magnum LAPUA brass!!

bjay

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2009
Aloha state HI
So now that good news is out.. Who normally get them lapua brass first or where to pre order them :)
photo86426.jpg

Seems it's going to be released in Oct. 2018. How or where to preorder ?

Yes bjay 40 , what do you think ? Seems you have a lot of expertise in this . Currently shooting 300 NM and really enjoying it.

It's on that page above LAPUA logo , small numbers 10.1.18 , but now I think it's Jan 10 2018 - (date of announcement ). Europeans mostly put date before month .

Yes bjay 40 , what do you think ? Seems you have a lot of expertise in this . Currently shooting 300 NM and really enjoying it.

First of all its a 30 cal a 208-240 pills will fly 3100 even with 26" barrel on STANDARD norma..now if your doing it for extra capacity so you can use slower powder where supposed to give more barrel life when comparing 2 diff powder in same fps.. Slower should generate lower PSI.. BUT is it worth the effort of fireforming to get extra (i dnt know how many) rounds? Im not fan of a cartridge that fly faster than 3100 it scares me :)
But if you're doing it for save time from trimming, extra capacity for extra fps.. Its up to you i did it to make it sexier lol but kept it under 3100 for brass life and less trimming benefits

Make sense bjay , I don't think I'm gonna push 230 hybrids over 3100 anyway. I'll be ordering Proof barrel and they costly just to burn'em.

Make sense bjay , I don't think I'm gonna push 230 hybrids over 3100 anyway. I'll be ordering Proof barrel and they costly just to burn'em.

Yup that part i forgot to mention high psi with 3100 or faster will eat that troat like how i eat pizaa lol
Barrel aint cheap even when you smith your build.. 30° is nice i look at it as SAUM in steroids..
35 is like wsm in steroids.. I think saum is more efficient.. I just dnt know if that also applicable in bigger magnum like norma magnum lol

Reactions: Sh3ph3rd3ss
I have yet to see 37* shoulder mentioned...... but how nice will it be to have some [L] stamped Norma brass!!

photo86789.jpg
I have yet to see 37* shoulder mentioned...... but how nice will it be to have some [L] stamped Norma brass!!
Been using lapua stamped for my 300 norma..but its a 423 dakota..been doing a torture test flat primer ejector swipe involved..to see how strong that butthole...15-17x fires and still tight...primer pocket of course im sure he 300nm lapua going be just as strong..standard norma brass i can only get 5-7 firing and i call it dead brass...i do anneal but the pocket gets loose

I have a hunting buddy that had some 423 cut and necked to 300 Norma that never got used..... I’ve built a 7/300 Norma Imp and I threatened to tax him of it.
shame it just sits.....

has anyone found any yet ??? cant seem to find any for sale yet, might have to go with Peterson

has anyone found any yet ??? cant seem to find any for sale yet, might have to go with Peterson
I received the following from Lapua, Peterson and ADG when I inquired about 338 Norma brass. Don't know if the 300 Norma brass will be the same or not but maybe.

Lapua won't be available till around April '19.
Peterson version 2.0 will be available 1st qtr '19.
ADG will be available hopefully sometime in '19 (would not be more specific).

unofficial guess H1000 82.7gr in ABM ammo unofficial guess

ABM is sold out of Berger is available. i cronied ABM at 2842 in a 26" rock bbl 10.92tw at @ 20ft

i was fortunate enough to grab 5 boxes of ABM with Lapua brass while still available. listes velocity is 2935, i didnt get quite that.

i will when i reload them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffmedlin
unofficial guess H1000 82.7gr in ABM ammo unofficial guess

ABM is sold out of Berger is available. i cronied ABM at 2842 in a 26" rock bbl 10.92tw at @ 20ft

i was fortunate enough to grab 5 boxes of ABM with Lapua brass while still available. listes velocity is 2935, i didnt get quite that.

i will when i reload them :)
Was your abm 230s?

Reactions: jeffmedlin
Was your abm 230s?

yes bjay 230gr

@rem `06 Is your powder of choice H1000 for the .300 norma? Have you tried any other powders? Did you happen to "reverse engineer" a round... and that is how you came up with 82.7 g?

Thanks!

82.7 was weighed, i popped out a bullet ,weiged and visual comparason of powder,then put it back in at my die setttng and they were really close.

retumbo was similar to H1000 for me but 1 gr more for same speed, RL33 produced more velocity and substantially more blast from my ABA little bastard break. ill pass on that and stick with H1000.
went 4 for 4 on whitetails this year with it, doe 75yds, 225yds x2 and 400yds for buck. i had to be careful where i hit them, it sure hits hard! I did drill the wax out of tips .038" bit.

we like to shoot just below the spine.

Attachments

• 2018 248.jpg
    2018 248.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: BCX and jeffmedlin