• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC Reloading Data

longgunner90

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2022
Montana
Looking for some info/insight on some reloading date for 300 PRC. Its hard in todays world to get ahold of everything you need, you cant just go to the store and pick up the essentials. I have been putting some stuff away for the last few years but I'm running low on everything to make my reloads. So I am looking on a little insight as to what I can improvise with. Here is what I have I have several pounds of ramshot magnum powder, US 869 Powder I only have BR-2 CCI primers and im sure everyone knows how hard those are to get ahold of. I have some Hornady 208 Grain ELDx, Berger 210 Grain VLD, Hornady 180 GR SP interlock, and Hornady 180 Grain SST. I have made a few test loads with 208 GR ELDx 80 GR of Ramshot magnum and the BR-2 primers I would say I was pretty successful. I did 3 test shots at 100 Yds was a 1/4" Spread, Vel-2862, 2810, 2817. However some insight on these other rounds would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

You probably want magnum primers to start.

You probably want magnum primers to start.

I'm using BR2s and I find them to be more consistent than 215Ms. But then, I'm not running in cold weather either, so they start the burn just fine.

I understand im not using magnum primers! Im trying to use what I can get and what I have I have had pretty decent luck with the BR-2s all the test firing ive done has been 50+ degrees, ive hunted for magnum primers there just isn't any. This is the point behind my post looking for a little insight!

Where are you in MT? If you are near me I'll happily give you a couple hundred magnum primers. Trying to ignite a 300 PRC in -10 weather could be problematic.

Reactions: Jerry m
Where are you in MT? If you are near me I'll happily give you a couple hundred magnum primers. Trying to ignite a 300 PRC in -10 weather could be problematic.
I live in Havre! that would be extremely generous, and I would be very greatful. I have been searching for along time now and have had no luck.

Anyone used the Speer 200gr. Hot Cor Spitzer? I've stumbled upon a box of them and wanted to put them to use. Thoughts as an elk killer??

Anyone used the Speer 200gr. Hot Cor Spitzer? I've stumbled upon a box of them and wanted to put them to use. Thoughts as an elk killer??
Not in 300 PRC but I've used this bullet in an old 03A3 over the years with excellent accuracy and good results. Several spikes and my last bull, a 5X5 that went 640lbs on the rail, were mostly DRT. The 5X5 only moved about 25 feet before it was on the ground. I have never used one in 300 PRC and would be a little concerned about bullet integrity at 300 PRC velocities but this is only supposition on my part.

dryside

Reactions: smokey24_24