• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC stupid question

186thFCo

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2017
Hello everyone, real quick question. Is the 300 PRC considered “bigger” the the 300 WM? The reason I ask is that I’m entering into my first long range rifle competition and they state that they require a 300 WM or smaller. I’ve already sent an email out asking this question but I haven’t received an answer yet. Thanks

I would say its same. It might be better to ask for limits on size of bullet and velocity. One could surely load a 300PRC at more or less equal to a 300WM.

Hello everyone, real quick question. Is the 300 PRC considered “bigger” the the 300 WM? The reason I ask is that I’m entering into my first long range rifle competition and they state that they require a 300 WM or smaller. I’ve already sent an email out asking this question but I haven’t received an answer yet. Thanks

I'm not sure what 'style' of long range shooting you're doing, but if it is the standard PRS/NRL stuff, I'd come way down from the 300wm/prc realm.

Well I would like to have different options other than the 300 PRC but that’s the only rifle I have that is built for precision, the rest of my rifle are just hunting rifles. As far as the match it’s the Peterson cartridge challenge being held in Kennerdal Pennsylvania

I would get clarification from the person in charge. As mentioned, the PRC could be considered bigger than the WM even though they are both .30 calibers. So there would be no point in prepping ammo and getting all psych'ed up only to be turned away because of a technicality or discrepancy in interpreting the rules.

It's listed as a PRS event so you'd think the .30 cal/3200fps limits are what was meant.

The match directors phone was listed on the event page, may try that over email.

EDIT:
Call or Text Matt Stiner with any questions. 330.207.5847

I tried shooting him a text, still waiting on a response