• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 RUM

Re: 300 RUM

If you're looking for a big .30 cal to launch the heavies I'd say it's as good or better than any other commercially available .30 cal out there.

The new Berger 230's, balistically speaking, should be excellent with the case capacity of the 300RUM.

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
Brass quality is not that great,even if you can get some from Nosler,wich is far better than Remington.
In terms of cost,its cheaper to run than other large 30 cal big boomers like the 300 Norma,300 Lapua,300 Dakota etc.
But it will get you past 1k with ease with the heavy bullets.

Very hard on barrels. Take a look the new 300 Accuracy International. It is basically the 375 Ruger necked down to 30 cal. It will push a 240gr at about 2950fps with alot less powder and easier on barrels.

its up there in the top of the chain with all the big 30calibers. yes they can be hard on barrels and brass.
make an edge outta it when its done. then play with
the 338 class

i got a brand new 300 rum sendero on its way to me now. really had my mind set on the edge but figured id have everything i need for it when the barrel goes out. if i get to shoot it that much of course.lol.

I've got mine tuned in with H4831SC, it shoots .5 moa or better with 208 amax it is a hard on the barrel though I've already got a new barrel ready to go for it when this one is done. I see that you are in the inland empire of so cal, I shoot a lot out by barstow. you're more than welcome to come on out with us and put a few rounds through mine.just hit me up with a PM