• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300 Win Mag can recommendations ?

scifri44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Surefire is just my personal preference, but I like to get anyone else's opinion on any other cans. I'm looking for a universal, interchangeable 7.62mm surefire can, so that I can use "one suppressor" for my M1A which is chambered in .308, and my Remington 300 WM which is also takes a .308 diameter bullet. I just thought that the FA762SS can from surefire might be a good choice . So, to find out more information, I contacted surefire's tech, Greg. And he said that there 7.62 suppressors are rated up to 300 WM and that the higher pressure of the magnum won't hurt it. And if anything "should" happen, and the suppressor is damaged for any reason , it'll be covered under their life time warranty . Just good info I wanted to share.

Re: 300 Win Mag can recommendations ?

Either the SAS arbiter or the TBAC 30P1. both 300wm rated.

I got the Tbac and it is awesome, but the SAS is a little cheaper.

Mile High Shooting is a dealer in SAS products and are good to go. I just had them thread my muzzle on my 22-250. Hope to try to compare their SAS to my TBAC when I pick it up today.

Regards,
DT

SAS Arbiter.....
Least POI shift in the industry and SUPER quiet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAS Arbiter.....
Least POI shift in the industry and SUPER quiet! </div></div>

Has this been vailidated somehow?

There are a lot of factors that go into why some guns/suppressor combos have shift and some don't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAS Arbiter.....
Least POI shift in the industry </div></div>

Bold statement... Backed how? Please explain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAS Arbiter.....
Least POI shift in the industry </div></div>

Bold statement... Backed how? Please explain. </div></div>

That's how ridiculous rumors get started.

Least POI shift in the industry and SUPER quiet! </div></div> I would like to see this statement backed up.

I have a Delta P Designs 6.5mm can that causes no POI change, does it have less of a shift than that?

Yes guys there are alot of factors that go into POI shift and accuracy of a can. Unfortunately there is no way to validate a claim on EVERY suppressor made, but you could call a major distributer that sells different brands and they could tell you on AVERAGE which can has the least POI shift and accuracy. Give mile high a call and see what they tell you.

Marketing and advertising plays a huge role in product sales and SAS marketing is not their top priority, but building a superior product is, along with CS should you have an issue.Choose whatever you you wish but don't rule out a product simply because they don't have fancy websites or brochures!

Tigershark, AAC 300SD, QSM are all great cans. QSM is stupid heavy so that kind of limits some people from buying it. It is probably the most quiet 300WM can I have ever shot though.

The Tigershark is an awesome can, lightweight, zero POI change and has a very distinct sound. Sound like a loud sneeze.

Unfortunately Surefire doesnt offer a 300WM can and they dont want you to use the 762SS, just to much pressure. You could always buy their 338 can and run 300 and eventually 338 thru it.

I again spoke to their tech's today, Andrew and Greg. Both said that the pressure created by the 300WM won't hurt the can, and it's compatible with the WM…Also, just got this off Surefire's website under their suppressor catalog section:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm=co_catreq&func=disp&strfnbr=6&sesent=0,0#

FA762SS
FOR 7.62 mm RIFLES & CARBINES
NSN: 1005-01-565-6164 (black model) OL OVERLAP
Also compatible with .300 Winchester Magnum and .300 WSM

POI Shift...I keep reading about people that want to strap on a can and have zero POI shift.

Folks, think of it this way. If one were to make a truly remarkable can, a real masterpiece, well, one would expect some degree of free bore boost out of that can. That free boost translate to slightly higher velocity and that will, down range, translate in that perfect suppressor to an absolute impact rise at 12:00 above free muzzle.

If the new goal is now "Zero POI Shift"? Now THAT is simple, just keep opening up the bore until you have zero shift. It will work every damn time. Rock solid repeatable POI, absolutely, zero POI? IMO, Zero POI mostly comes with consequences.

I don't know what your budget is. Listen to all those listed thus far and add this one to your listen list.

thorti.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tigershark, AAC 300SD, QSM are all great cans. QSM is stupid heavy so that kind of limits some people from buying it. It is probably the most quiet 300WM can I have ever shot though.

The Tigershark is an awesome can, lightweight, zero POI change and has a very distinct sound. Sound like a loud sneeze.

Unfortunately Surefire doesnt offer a 300WM can and they dont want you to use the 762SS, just to much pressure. You could always buy their 338 can and run 300 and eventually 338 thru it. </div></div>

The 762SS is rated for 300 win mag. So is the 762K which is the new MK13 suppressor for SOCOM which is a 300 win mag.

+1 for my good ole Thundertrap...But I do intend to try others in a titanium variant. But POI shift has never slowed me down because I only shoot with it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tigershark, AAC 300SD, QSM are all great cans. QSM is stupid heavy so that kind of limits some people from buying it. It is probably the most quiet 300WM can I have ever shot though.
</div></div>

Yeah, but isn't the quicksilver .300WM can the same size as their .338 and .50bmg cans - essentially the same size as the muffler on my 4.0 Jeep?

HTG M30-A is rated for 300 Win Mag

HTG Teton is rated for 300 Rem Ultra Mag and suppresses the 300 Win Mag even more than the M30-A.

M30-A 8.5" long
Teton 10.1" long

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tigershark, AAC 300SD, QSM are all great cans. QSM is stupid heavy so that kind of limits some people from buying it. It is probably the most quiet 300WM can I have ever shot though.
</div></div>

Yeah, but isn't the quicksilver .300WM can the same size as their .338 and .50bmg cans - essentially the same size as the muffler on my 4.0 Jeep? </div></div>

The QSM can is just a little larger than average and must have very thick components to be as heavy as it is (42 ounces).

Apparently it is the 300/.338/50cal option from them.

The titanium can weighs more than AAC's 38 ounce stainless Titan, and more than our 31.5 ounce Chrome moly Beast suppressor.

The above mentioned products are all thread mounts.

+1 on the tigershark. Works really well on both win mag and 308. Going to run it my 260 as well when I get it. My tiger shark was more money than my YHM phantom. It was worth the extra money. IMO. It is quiter and has a lot less poi shift . I run it on my bolt tac rigs. I run my phantom on my pof 308 and a little Ruger 308 scout. It works well for the money and is a very tough can. Just doesn't seem as quite to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAS Arbiter.....

POI Shift...I keep reading about people that want to strap on a can and have zero POI shift.

Folks, think of it this way. If one were to make a truly remarkable can, a real masterpiece, well, one would expect some degree of free bore boost out of that can. That free boost translate to slightly higher velocity and that will, down range, translate in that perfect suppressor to an absolute impact rise at 12:00 above free muzzle.

If the new goal is now "Zero POI Shift"? Now THAT is simple, just keep opening up the bore until you have zero shift. It will work every damn time. Rock solid repeatable POI, absolutely, zero POI? IMO, Zero POI mostly comes with consequences.

I don't know what your budget is. Listen to all those listed thus far and add this one to your listen list.

thorti.jpg

</div></div>

+1 for the Thundertrap I have a steel .338 and my new .308 Ti THOR is coming in tomorrow! I have used my .338 on my .408-.338 wildcat with much satisfaction they are built to take the harshest of treatment and do a great job suppressing the sound most of all. PG

Unfortunately Surefire doesnt offer a 300WM can and they dont want you to use the 762SS, just to much pressure. You could always buy their 338 can and run 300 and eventually 338 thru it. </div></div>I've spoken w/ SF and they seem to be ok using the SS on a 300 mag.

Thats what SF tech's Andrew and Greg said to me last friday . The 300WM won't effect the SS can, and that its rated up to 300WM.