• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Win Mag Custom Build

techecr

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2020
Hi Gang,

I am new here and looking for some feedback. I am in the market for a custom 300 Win Mag build for long range hunting. I have been looking at the field and have been reading up on some initial finds. I came across R. Crouse custom rifles. Has anyone had any experience with their products, customer service? Really, any feedback is appreciated.

If it's not too much trouble, if anyone can provide any great experience with any of your custom builds, it would be extremely helpful. I am more concerned with quality, customer service, guarantee, and more than anything comms after the sale.

Thank you in advance!

I think you are describing Mike R. at Tac Ops.
The fit and finish, attention to detail, accuracy, and customer service are second to none.
Not to mention the 1/4" or better accuracy guarantee at 100 yards with factory ammo. For 300wm it's 1/4 MOA or better three shots 100 yards with FGMM 190gr BTHP.

I'll post some pictures so you can get an idea of the fit and finish. Every screw is timed, every edge is radiused.
The custom finish that they come with is not cerakote that will flake off, it is green and black Birdsong that the Navy uses to protect the periscopes on nuclear submarines.

Mike is on call at all kinds of crazy hours of the day and night. If you call him at 1am he will probably pick up if he isn't already on the phone, if he doesn't just leave a message and he will call you back. This continues even after he is done with the build and you have the rifle. He loves hearing back from customers about their build, how it shoots, what they use it for, everything.

582EAC99-E91C-42A7-A934-A32DD45D7B3D.jpeg
48CF44E0-3F11-46AF-AF54-7F8074C93170.jpeg
B049E541-2607-4795-8D4F-B1F3EDF474FD.jpeg
44884FF5-8954-46B4-A991-41CDA010DF43.jpeg
32A54CBD-FF07-422B-9B6A-6A7C12B39300.jpeg

Reactions: J Scott
I think you are describing Mike R. at Tac Ops.
The fit and finish, attention to detail, accuracy, and customer service are second to none.
Not to mention the 1/4" or better accuracy guarantee at 100 yards with factory ammo. For 300wm it's 1/4 MOA or better three shots 100 yards with FGMM 190gr BTHP.

I'll post some pictures so you can get an idea of the fit and finish. Every screw is timed, every edge is radiused.
The custom finish that they come with is not cerakote that will flake off, it is green and black Birdsong that the Navy uses to protect the periscopes on nuclear submarines.

Mike is on call at all kinds of crazy hours of the day and night. If you call him at 1am he will probably pick up if he isn't already on the phone, if he doesn't just leave a message and he will call you back. This continues even after he is done with the build and you have the rifle. He loves hearing back from customers about their build, how it shoots, what they use it for, everything.

View attachment 8041690View attachment 8041692View attachment 8041715View attachment 8041718View attachment 8041726
Hi Jake, Thank you for the informative reply and the pics of your weapon. It looks fantastic. I will give Mike a call this week and discuss what I am looking for. Again, I really appreciate your input. I have been looking at RMP, Lane, LRI and R. Crouse. The attention to detail, quality, service after the sale is what id driving my decision. Sounds like Mike is all in. Again, many thanks, Jake.

Reactions: JakeM
Are you open to tinkering and putting your own together or are you set on having it built for you?

You can build a bonkers rifle for much less than $6k if you’re open to putting it together yourself. But, nothing wrong with the advantages of a top shelf builder either

Are you open to tinkering and putting your own together or are you set on having it built for you?

You can build a bonkers rifle for much less than $6k if you’re open to putting it together yourself. But, nothing wrong with the advantages of a top shelf builder either
Hi D,

I was thinking about it, but after looking into a few custom fabricators, I like the idea of the weapon leaving the shop knowing the ammo it is keen on. After research, not everyone does this so it's something I thought was interesting and quite beneficial. I do have glass and can already so that part at least is taken care of. The thought it still there but I feel having a hard warranty, service after the sale and knowing the history of the build is heavy in the decision.

Thank you, D, for the feedback!

Reactions: The D
Hi D,

I was thinking about it, but after looking into a few custom fabricators, I like the idea of the weapon leaving the shop knowing the ammo it is keen on. After research, not everyone does this so it's something I thought was interesting and quite beneficial. I do have glass and can already so that part at least is taken care of. The thought it still there but I feel having a hard warranty, service after the sale and knowing the history of the build is heavy in the decision.

Thank you, D, for the feedback!
Right on, that’s totally understandable.

Then I’ll just reiterate what everyone says about TacOps, they are amazing. I don’t have first hand experience with one, unfortunately, but Mike has plenty of transparent info on this forum about his process and his results. My only gripe is that I don’t have the $$ to afford one

Reactions: techecr