• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 Win Mag Dies

Ishallbie O'Cullkillin

Central Coastranger
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Oregon
I was reading here months ago and vaguely remember something about special dies for .300wm that size the portion of the case just above the belt. Who makes these dies? Is this necessary? How many loadings do most people get assuming they shoot at max. average pressure?

Re: .300 Win Mag Dies

http://www.larrywillis.com/

I think the above is what you were after. The last batch I retired had been through 6 times with some hot loads. I split a couple in half and tbh there was no case thinning. Its something I'm always away of though and always check for signs.

I just split a case neck today on a piece of brass that only had 5 firings. First one ever.
I don't have any that have been fired more than 6 times.
Maybe I should anneal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just split a case neck today on a piece of brass that only had 5 firings. First one ever.
I don't have any that have been fired more than 6 times.
Maybe I should anneal. </div></div>

What manufacturer of brass did you have that split? Was
the brass satisfactory through it's life before it split?