• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 win mag itch

the 300 is in a good place right now. Components. Supplies, Brass in particular.
There was a complete piece of $hlte Remington 40x in 300 advertised a wile back. Still haunts my checkbook.

Did you read the thread? The OP was asking about the 300 WM. It immediately became a Savage bash.

Not high quality content here on "the hide".

Some of us just move on from posts when they’re off topic. Not lobby to have the member banned and their sponsorship revoked.

Some of us just move on from posts when they’re off topic. Not lobby to have the member banned and their sponsorship revoked.
The issue goes a little deeper than this one thread. It was more of a "multiple case" syndrome where a question being asked turned into not only a product bashing, but also demeaning other members. Remember, many products are being talked about on this site and they don't like this kind of bashing. Whether they be the preferred or not preferred product. This is a good way to keep a good rapport across the industry even if their product would not be your choice.

New members, who felt demeaned for asking some of these questions, not coming back is also a factor. New shooters are important to the site. Educating new members that not spending the big bucks right out of the gate makes sense. But, still get a good platform. It's okay to slice and dice a product, if you do it "POLITELY" Meaning, state reasons that are true, not just because you hate something.

Regardless of the rifle the .300 win mag is the best damn cartridge ever in my humble opinion. It can take game from varmits and deer with the lighter bullets and be loaded down for such, or take elk, moose, and bear with the heavies. It's an inherently accurate cartridge with readily available components and all types of factory ammo. It can come close to competing with a .338 Lapua mag if loaded with the 230 Berger Hybrid. It's just an all around bad motherfucker!! When it hits a plate at 1000 yards it swings that fucker and makes a BONG instead of a ding. Sick Cartridge.

Agreed!!

How they shoot might be a lottery... but whether or not they are pieces of shit is as certain as the sun rising in the morning.

Shit? Much like your business. The snobbish douschebaggery levels are off the charts. I'd never consider doing business with you. After some Google searching it appears you're just a very small time vendor from a tiny one horse town in SD with an address that's actually the address of another business that does website design. Thus I don't believe you have a shop, any inventory, or any capital in your business. You seem to just be a small time nobody with a piss on business that likely does low volume and generates little revenue. Ironic how a seemingly insignificant individual can come accross as though an affordable product (Savage) isn't good enough.

Ive got a 110FP in 300wm that I put in a CHOATE stock that is beyond expectations accurate.
When I was first getting familiar with the rifle was shooting next to a guy at the 300 yard line at ASC in Houston that was shooting a beautiful Kimber rifle that sort of looked down his nose at the lowly savage.
At cease fire we walked down range to look our targets over, he kept looking back over at the little groups the lowly savage was shooting pulled his target packed his shit up and left without saying a word.

They can be a very accurate rifle but have some flaws, I've never experienced any extraction issues and the accutrigger in mine set to 1.5lbs is very acceptable and repeatable.

Reactions: 308220
Shit? Much like your business. The snobbish douschebaggery levels are off the charts. I'd never consider doing business with you. After some Google searching it appears you're just a very small time vendor from a tiny one horse town in SD with an address that's actually the address of another business that does website design. Thus I don't believe you have a shop, any inventory, or any capital in your business. You seem to just be a small time nobody with a piss on business that likely does low volume and generates little revenue. Ironic how a seemingly insignificant individual can come accross as though an affordable product (Savage) isn't good enough.
He's already been banned. You might just want to let that issue die.

So, to the .300 WM again, I'll say it's pretty much the gateway to the heavies. Anything to match the high BC forms of 6mm, 6.5 and 7mm has to get a lot heavier in .30 cal. Something around what the .300 WM is, is what you have to have to push them out fast enough for that heavy projectile to matter. When you need to add that much power, it becomes a kind of necessity, if you want to shoot it a lot, to also get a good muzzle break. While you're at it, getting it tuned and clocked makes it so much better to shoot. Once at that point, you can really push those heavies a long way past 1k, And, even well past a mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: roamin
Guys once in a while we have some constructive threads on here that are really helpful to guys seeking input. But seems lately it just goes south fast into dick measuring opinions. Its apparent we are all gun guys in some way shape or form or we wouldn't be here. If I had to guess I have probably owned over 2500 guns in my 54 yrs and obviously yes some are better than others but all could and can serve a purpose from when I shot in the Military, Hunting, Varmints, long range target matches, 3 Gun and PRS. There is no best rifle made period. You can make one purpose built to cater to your needs, and wallet and compete with rifles 3x the $$$ it happens everyday. Just spend your money and get what you can afford to get the best weapon within your means and shoot. And then shoot more etc. etc. Reloading is a plus but alot of quality factory ammo is available to get you where you want to be. I enjoy shooting. Keep it fun.

I have had Savage rifles in 6.5cm and 338L and both were good rifles. I didn’t have any issues with either one of them, but I sold/traded them both because I prefer the Rem700 and Accuracy International platforms better. My SPS Rem700 300WM is a good rifle and for a stock barrel it is very accurate. I will say that I never shot the 300WM SPS in the original stock it was in an MDT chassis at first and now is in an AICS… which may be the cause for its accuracy.

I keep looking at the Ruger Long Range Target rifle in 300 Win Mag. Either that or the RPR. While I love my Savages, I just feel like there's better options in this case.

I posted early on in this thread and I stand by what I said. Since posting in this thread originall. I bought another savage rifle. It was a fp-sr? 308. It came with a 20” heavy fluted barrel, desert Camo, blind magazine. Which I took off the rifle barrel and sold here. I picked the rifle up for $379. Barrel sold for $185 shipped. I grabbed a pre-fit proof carbon 308 20”.

Long story short, put a vortex diamond back 4-16x44 ffp on top, in some lightweight Nightforce rings and a moa base. I the end I have a great hunting rifle that helped me shoot a beautiful buck deer this season.

I’d buy another savage at a great price point if it would serve a purpose. When I think of new builds, savages don’t come to my mind. There’s a Remington 6.5 sps rifle for $500 with a $50 rebate that has my attention. Another build potential. I can’t believe I’m saying that.

Savages are shooters. I don’t care what any Tom, Dick or Harry says on here. Savage rifles allow shooting enthusiasts to enter the market with a desire not to break the bank and have some fun. Thus, entering the market. Drinking the cool-aid and going down the rabbit hole. Enough said.

Reactions: Gibble888
A 300 win mag is awesome...just know what you are getting into! It’s a loud of noise, blast, and recoil.

if you don’t reload the 300 win mag is pointless...I’ve never seen a non neutered factory load for this round..tons of potential.

I own several, and have been shooting the 300 prc for about a year...while I like the 300 prc better, I am still on the fence about the 300 prc actually catching on.

bench