• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Win Mag Match Chamber?

Jayhawkhuntclub

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2019
Can someone here educate me on what this chamber is and what it's purpose (over the standard Win Mag chamber) is.
Looking at building a 300 WM. Planning to shoot heavies primarily.
Thanks!

Okay that's what I thought. I ran into a similar deal when with my 223 build (went with the 223 Rem match).
FYI, the company offering this chamber is Criterion. Sounds like the way to go for shooting heavies.

I have the Criterion 300 WM match barrel. I can seat the 225 ELDs to about 3.68” (or something close to that). Not sure about the specs of the chamber but man does it shoot.

Reactions: FredHammer
RW Snyder put a 300WM Match chamber in my Krieger. Shoots 208ELDMs pretty doggone well.

Okay that's what I thought. I ran into a similar deal when with my 223 build (went with the 223 Rem match).
FYI, the company offering this chamber is Criterion. Sounds like the way to go for shooting heavies.
Criterion bolt gun barrels are fantastic inside and on the target. To get deep in the weeds on what makes a match chamber, it would be the reamer specs. Neck clearance, throat clearance, freebore, etc. However, and as mentioned already, and since the barrel is still a production barrel, it's most likely longer freebore. Doubt they would tighten the clearances.

'- Mullerworks 5R 1:10 modified M24 contour barrel chambered to .300 Winchester Magnum "Tactical Match"

I will regret not buying a second barrel when I had this made...

What distances are y’all shooting those heavies?

1:10 proof bull barrel with 215 hybrids (the king of 30 cal bullets)

Choose your poison. After chambering multiple barrels of mine with differenr reamers, I went back to SAAMI

Screenshot_20211006-231840_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210927-152623_Excel.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-021159_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210927-133731_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210404-184022_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Reactions: XP1K
A match finish reamer, can be almost anything but stantard spec...and may not be what you want for your shooting application, of a certain cartridge,.. such as too long of a throat, or super short throat, versus neck diameters for certain brass or neck turning all your brass. I belive SAAMI standard is best for most applications, then I add a throating reamer to get the cartridge a longer COAL, everything flows smoothly as dies tend to fit, brass chambers freely, and it's plenty accurate...no extra screwing around needed.

Reactions: XP1K