• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 win mag prvi brass?

Mr45auto

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2007
Oregon City OR
I need to load a couple hundred rounds of win mag for a class. Norma, win, hornady brass is rare as hens teeth right now. I see prvi in stock. Is it worth buying or should I hold out hope for Norma in the next couple months?

I have had decent results, for ringing steel and hunting type shooting, I would try some out. Especially if you are attending a "lost brass" type of class. Roll about 20, if they not for you sell off the rest.

Not really, just a little more brass prep work, tolerances are not as tight as other brass and the brass comes in a bulk clear bag so may be some dinged mouths and some dents.

just ordered some Mk248 pulldown brass from southwest. Hopefully this will be a good solution. I may go ahead and order up some PRVI to try out though.

Bullets.com has 1000 count NORMA 300WM in stock but that's a lot of brass and it is $1137.

Out of my budget, that's group buy territory for me. I'm going to try the Mk248 brass and some RL22 with 208 amax and see how it does. I've got 100 Norma I got months ago, should have ordered more then.

Mine too. I did get 500 once fired Federal mil surplus about 2 months ago and have had no issues. It had not been cleaned but was in great shape very little damage to prep.