• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300 Win Mag, Retumbo and Berger 208g....

CNC-Dude

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2020
Seasons Greeting ever one! I am beginning to do load development for my Savage 110 Tactical in 300 Win Mag. I am starting with some Berger 208g, even though I am also going to be testing and developing some SMK 215g afterwards. I so far loaded with 75.5g of Retumbo and a 3.720" COAL to give me .050" jump as a starting point for both seating depth and powder charge. The first 3 shot group with this combo at 200 yards yielded a .75 MOA, which I thought was pretty good since this rifle is brand new and these were only shots #4, 5 and 6 from it so far. I plan to increase in .3g increments and select the loads with closer groups to reload and try to fine tune with seating depth and increase/decrease powder charge by .1g on either side of those groups. I also have Reloder 26 and Accurate 4350 but have been told the Retumbo is the first choice of the powders I have on hand. Anybody have any feedback on this combo or their favorite recipes? Thanks!

2016 Hogdon annual reloading manual
208 gr HDY AMax
3.420 Col
74.5 - 81.0 gr Retumbo

Im runnin 80.0 gr with a 210 Nosler LRAB or is it 215 VLD cant remember. ....away from my data atm.

Bullet loaded looong for long throated A Bolt......have to single feed......again cant remember col ....away from data

Looks like I have crs.....cant remember shit tonight

RL 26 would be my next to try if Retumbo doesnt work out.....if i were in your shoes

AA 4350.....I have no data to share , but looking in burn rate chart......it may be a tad too fast for your 208 gr bullet.......thinkin out loud.