• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 winchester magnum

I didn't fuck anything up G. These people are just snowflakes, the people in this forum will give the atf and other agencies information when asked without a warrant. Guns are for killing people and to stop a tyrannical government what ever that may be. And sadly they forget that.

D06FB2B9-8B18-4A1F-B49F-12D80A1B1EE7.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Curt_SK
Is OP even still around … ? Buddley he clearly ain’t… 😒

Northtogladwin

If you can post here... you can probably surf youtube for your answer. Honestly, I think you know the answer, but you're looking for bait while you troll.
I stand with my original smart azz comment.. OP needs purchase a Mk6 (16") for his home defense needs.
^ pictures
For any fellow semi OCP types...
The Mk7 50 cal 16 rifles used on the Iowa Class were a better, longer range later model. You know for when you need to self defense shoot across the yard instead of just in the house.

However ...
The Mk7 50 cal 16 model never went up against another BB whereas the Mk6 45 cal 16" did just that in the USS Washington vs IJN Kiroshima engagement off Salvo Island during the fight for Guadalcanal. The current address for the IJN Kiroshima is Iron Bottom Sound.

I wonder if my grandfather had a ringside seat for that battle. Unfortunately I never asked him.

Reactions: babyguppy
DA3232E8-CF6A-433D-A6ED-FB0FD72297E2.jpeg

and to think I almost didn’t buy sketchy OCONUS wifi. Thanks @Northtogladwin for making it worth it.
And it’s purely anecdotal, but based on my casual observations, a 240 will disable most vehicles most of the time. It’s all about shot placement!!!

Reactions: camocorvette
I’d suggest if you want to see just how much power a 300 has just buy one and go to a range and shoot steel gongs. I shoot gongs and paper targets. I have 2 .300 win’s now. One is a Savage Axis and set me back $319.99 + taxes (up here in Canukistan). But that was probably 5+ yrs ago. Recently I picked up my custom 300. One thing to consider is how much recoil can you handle before you develop a flinch. My savage is probably 5 pounds soaking wet and after you squeeze the trigger you can feel the butt hit you. That rubber doesn’t tame it much (I shoot wearing a t-shirt in the summer). My new rifle weighs in at 16.4 pounds without a bipod (that is still on order). The new rifle has all the toys including a really sweet muzzle break and really nice butt pad.

Those two rifles are extremely different but same power. One I can fire a few shots in a day and I’m done, the other I can shoot all day and I’m good to go again the next day.

If you want to look at a 300 it’s a good jump up from a 6.5 I’ve shot both calibers and owned both. As for stopping power when we shoot a gong at 300 yards the 6.5 makes it bounce… my 300 blew the chains apart at that range and knocked the gong off the stand.

Big thing to me is the sound. My new 300 is tame to shoot but everyone for 5 miles knows you are shooting when you fire it.

me personally I’ve never had a firearm for self defense…. Illegal to carry where I live. Only time my place was burglarized I was home and young… didn’t own a gun so I grabbed a kitchen knife. The guys saw I was home at the last second and ran so God was watching over me that day I didn’t have to fight. As for a gun for self defense I’d prefer to not put myself into a position I need to defend myself. Out in the country at my farm the only thing I’d need a rifle for in self defense terms is bears. And a 300 will take care of them so that’s all I need to know.

I'd just like to know why he's running up a 10 story building and what he's planning to do when (if?) he gets up there.
I’m guessing dude couldnt run up a 10 flights of stairs butt naked high on meth with a jet pack strapped to his back, much less carrying his 20+ lbs “anti-armor” WW3 ending 300wm

Last edited:
Reactions: MCSO1357
Maybe if your 300WM is a belt fed minigun. Otherwise it’s ridiculous to think anything short of explosive ordnance would stop a vehicle. Vehicles carry with them momentum and won’t stop just because you made some critical part(s) stop working.

On the other hand if you can get that 300WM loaded with some Hollywood cartridges, a single shot to the fuel tank will promptly flip said vehicle shiny side down with lots of glorious fire and boom-boom.

What if im invited there? Sometimes i like to bring your mom flowers.
In the scenario mentioned before with a 45 mph vehicle. You forgot to tell him that if the shot takes place in Texas ,and the temperature is anywhere near 32°F , then the only rifle capable Of making the shot would be the Accuracy international arctic warfare magnum.
All others would freeze solid.

I have 3 6.5 creedmoore rifles, admittedly to many. I want to step up and go with the 300 win mag, for both power, versatility, and destructive capabilities. How have your experiences been with the bigger cartridges. I won't do 50bmg but the bergara b14 hmr in 300 win mag looks great for under 1000.
After I get rid of a few.
I’m late but here’s my thoughts.

D70EC416-4DA4-4CFC-BD8C-14999C07BFA7.png

In the scenario mentioned before with a 45 mph vehicle. You forgot to tell him that if the shot takes place in Texas ,and the temperature is anywhere near 32°F , then the only rifle capable Of making the shot would be the Accuracy international arctic warfare magnum.
Thanks for this little piece of information. Now I need to rethink my entire winter hunting scenario....

Why would other guns freeze solid? That is not true, im from michogan and haven't had problems with bold guns at at least 25 degrees

This fucking thread is the gift that keeps on giving…