• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 300 wsm Built by Randy Mills and me :)

nmntz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
terrebonne, or
Ok so some may have read my post about my new budget 300wsm. Well its not really budget anymore but i got very bored with all the standard look to it and started goofin around with a friends airbrush and painted it this weekend while having insomnia.

Schneider barrel 1-8 28" long, Blueprinted action with the works, 94% contact (from randy), Orginal winchester stock, Fiberglassed to hell and then bedded by me thx to the bedding topic, Bolt knob by me. Let me know what ya think. I will be having it stripped and coated with fall camo this fall by collins coatings out here but for the time being ill leave it.

Re: 300 wsm Built by Randy Mills and me :)

What paint on the barrel? Does heat get to it?
ETA: also, what finish was the barrel before painting? How did you prep it?

it is actually a house of kolor basecoat that i sprayed fairly thick. as far as heat goes, the barrel is pretty tough to get heated up through my shooting experience with this rifle so far. the barrel was in a raw finish when i started it, i primed it and then layed down the base then airbrushed, in between layers of airbrushing i was laying down mean green kandy coats.

That paint will hold well. Flames makes everything look nicer
smile.gif