• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 300 Yard 20 shot record

easygoose

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
VA
I shot a 200-18x this weekend. The record on the NRA site is 17x, but does anyone know if there has been a better score recently that hasn't hit the books yet?
Thanks

I hope not! That was some fine shooting. I was in the pits in the lane next to where you were shooting, and we all pretty impressed by what you were doing!

What kind of match was it? Registered or Approved? It makes a difference, scored from Approved matches cannot be used for national records.

Great shooting in any case.

Last edited:
Congrats, thats some fine shooting. Did you take any pictures? What kind of rifle did you use? where was the match?

Thanks guys!

The match was registered, and held at Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club in Conover, NC.

308 - I've got some pics of the target, cause I gave it to the stat officer.

My rifle is a Savage Target Action, Brux barrel 28.5", McMillan A-th, mystic precision bipod. All put together in a weekend spent at Nik Taylor's shop watching him work his magic.

DL - 175 OTMs

Last edited:
Congrats, post that picture. On another note, at our matches we shoot 3 rounds of 15 shots? Is there a standard for 300 yard matches?

Ted

Thanks! Those golf tees took a beating!

Stop shooting the golf tees, flying wood is not safe, besides the destroying range property is not cool... Seriously, that is one hard shooting. Congratulations on a performance others dream about.

Congrats, post that picture. On another note, at our matches we shoot 3 rounds of 15 shots? Is there a standard for 300 yard matches?

Ted

Snapped a cell pic of the back of the target, front was a mess.

jsc6js.jpg

If your match director and/or you don't notify the NRA of the record it will never be posted. A sling shooter I shoot with learned that the hard way. Scores went in, nobody said anything, and by the time he called in to see what was up his record was broken.

This is one of those things that the NRA is very slow to get to.

Good advice XTR. Nik was the match director, I'll ask him but he should know the routine.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Very nice. I will be coming to comps there starting next year. Hopefully you will be retired by then :). I'm going to shoot 6BR in F Open and .308 in F-TR. BTW, I shoot the same 175 OTM in .308. I like them very much.

Very nice. I will be coming to comps there starting next year. Hopefully you will be retired by then :). I'm going to shoot 6BR in F Open and .308 in F-TR. BTW, I shoot the same 175 OTM in .308. I like them very much.

Sorry jelrod, just getting started really :) . This barrel will be shot out soon though so you'll probably be beating me next year. I honestly used them cause I ran out of 185s and I had them on hand. I was shocked at how well they shot, and will use them much more often now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Snapped a cell pic of the back of the target, front was a mess.

jsc6js.jpg

Man, look at that thing! The guy only dropped 1 point all day! He was shooting on target 7 while I was scoring on 8. I'll tell you everybody in the pits was talking about his shooting that day.